Hilliard Police: Jaywalking citation expected after boy hit by car
Hilliard police say a 17-year-old boy was struck by a car but not injured on Tuesday, Sept. 24, while walking to Hilliard Darby High School, 4200 Leppert Road.
The boy was crossing a road near Leppert Road and Scioto Darby Road and was not in a crosswalk when he was struck, police said.
He is expected to be cited for jaywalking, police said.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* A wallet was reported stolen at 12:15 p.m. Sept. 19 from a locker at an athletics facility in the 4500 block of Cosgray Road.
* Police reported property damage at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16 at a residence in the 4300 block of Winterringer Street. A bed and bed frame were reported broken.
* A passport was reported stolen at 9 p.m. Sept. 18 from a vehicle in the 3900 block of Lyman Drive.
* A vehicle and tools, all worth an estimated total of $33,400, were reported stolen at 8 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 3900 block of Ridgewood Drive. The vehicle and most of the tools were later recovered.
* A burglary was reported at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 14 at a residence in the 5000 block of Grandon Drive. A water pipe and copper pipes were reported stolen.
* Scarves worth $560 were reported stolen at 10 a.m. Sept. 14 from a business in the 4000 block of Main Street.
* A purse was reported stolen at 9 p.m. Sept. 17 from a vehicle in the 4600 block of Profile Lane. The purse and most of its contents were later recovered, but $60 was missing.
* Police reported a briefcase was stolen at 7 p.m. Sept. 17 from a vehicle in the 3900 block of Trueman Boulevard.
* A purse was reported stolen at 10:30 p.m. Sept. 15 from an unlocked vehicle in the 4000 block of Carlton Court. Loss was reported at $285. The empty purse later was recovered.
* Items were reported stolen from four vehicles belonging to the same man at 11 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 4400 block of Hansen Drive. Total property loss was reported at $557.
* Police reported a purse was stolen at 11:30 p.m. Sept. 15 from an unlocked vehicle in the 3800 block of Confluence Drive. Total loss was reported at $131. The purse and several of the credit cards were later recovered.