Reward offered for tip on hit-and-run
Hilliard police are offering up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the motorist who struck and severely injured a bicyclist Sept. 1.
The motorist fled the scene, police said.
The victim, Brad Young, 44, was riding a bicycle on Dublin Road, south of Hayden Run Road in Norwich Township, when he was struck about 8 a.m.
Officer Hyda Slone said last week police are looking for a gray car with possible damage to the right front end and windshield. Slone said police are not looking for a SUV, van or truck.
Anyone with information is asked to call 614-876-2429.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* Two thefts were reported at Hilliard Heritage Middle School, 5670 Scioto Darby Road.
A cellphone was reported stolen at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 23 and a bicycle was reported stolen at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 21.
No further information was available.
* Police reported a vehicle worth $15,000 was stolen at 1 a.m. Sept. 22 from the 5300 block of Cemetery Road.
* Two 17-year-old boys and an 18-year-old man were arrested for underage consumption of alcohol at 11:45 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 5800 block of Lakeview Drive.
* Copper wire was reported stolen at 10 a.m. Sept. 24 from the 3600 block of Main Street.
* A wet-tile saw was reported stolen at 11:45 a.m. Sept. 24 from a vehicle in the 3700 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
* Police reported a cellphone was stolen at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 22 from a vehicle in the 3700 block of Sturbridge Court.
* A basketball and iPod were reported stolen at 7 p.m. Sept. 21 from an unlocked vehicle in the 5100 block of Grandon Drive.
* Two pairs of sunglasses were reported stolen at 10 p.m. Sept. 21 from a vehicle in the 5100 block of Grandon Drive.
* Computer accessories, a laptop computer and other items, all worth an estimated total of $1,535, were reported stolen at 7 p.m. Sept. 23 from a vehicle in the 3400 block of River Narrows Road.
* Two pairs of sunglasses, tools, a pistol and other items, all worth an estimated total of $2,470, were reported stolen at 2:30 a.m. Sept. 26 from a vehicle in the 5000 block of Scioto Darby Road.
* A rocking chair was reported stolen at 5 p.m. Sept. 25 from a residence in the 3700 block of Heywood Drive.
* A business in the 3600 block of Main Street reported $40 was stolen at 6 a.m. Sept. 25.
* A 32-year-old man was arrested for theft at 12:50 p.m. Sept. 28 at a store in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road.
* Police reported seven boxes of comic books, worth $1,005, were reported stolen at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 29 from a specialty shop in the 3800 block of Lattimer Street.
* A wallet, satellite radio and amplifier were reported stolen at 1 a.m. Sept. 28 from a vehicle in the 4900 block of Amber Lane.
* Police arrested a 26-year-old man for possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:45 a.m. Sept. 26 at Main Street and Luther Lane.
* Police arrested a man for drug abuse at 10:25 p.m. Sept. 26 at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270.
* Police arrested a 37-year-old woman for possession of drugs and drug instruments, a 29-year-old man for possession of drugs and a 26-year-old woman for possession of drug paraphernalia at 6:15 p.m. Sept. 27 in the 4100 block of Trueman Boulevard.
Police also recovered stolen merchandise from a nearby store, according to the report.
* Police arrested a 51-year-old man for disorderly conduct at 9:30 p.m. Sept. 28 in the 5300 block of Center Street.