13-year-old boy arrested for bringing knives to school
Hilliard police arrested a 13-year-old boy for illegal conveyance of a deadly weapon at 9:47 a.m. Oct. 16 at Hilliard Heritage Middle School, 5670 Scioto Darby Road.
Students had told school officials they believed the boy had one knife, police said.
Upon inspection, police found two knives. One was described as a 3-inch blade and the other as a 4-inch blade.
The student was suspended and an expulsion hearing is to be scheduled, according to the police report.
No other information was immediately available.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* Police arrested an 18-year-old man on drug-related charges at 9:25 p.m. Oct. 12 at Hilliard Bradley High School, 2800 Walker Road.
* A 23-year-old woman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia at 5:45 p.m. Oct. 13 at Fishinger and Trueman boulevards.
* Police arrested a 22-year-old woman on drug-related charges at 3:40 p.m. Oct. 13 at Main Street and Heritage Club Drive.
* A 33-year-old man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:15 a.m. Oct. 14 in the 3800 block of Lyman Drive.
* A 2007 Jeep Cherokee was reported stolen at 1 a.m. Oct. 17 from the 4200 block of Goldenseal Way.
* Police reported a breaking and entering at 3 a.m. Oct. 16 at Subway, 4490 Cemetery Road. A glass door was broken and $195 was stolen.
* A resident in the 4800 block of Jeannette Road reported an attempted burglary at 9:15 a.m. Oct. 11. A window was damaged and a screen was cut, police said.
* Police reported at noon Oct. 11 a window was broken at Resurrection Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3500 Main St.
* A resident in the 4900 block of Wallington Drive reported a fence was vandalized at 11 p.m. Oct. 15.
* Police arrested a 22-year-old man for theft after he allegedly stole a bicycle at 7:40 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 5200 block of Grandon Drive.
* A stereo CD player was reported stolen Oct. 11 from a vehicle in the 3400 block of Mill Run Drive.
* Two necklaces and a debit card were reported stolen at 11 p.m. Oct. 11 from an unlocked vehicle in the 4600 block of Stonehill Street.
* Scrap metal worth $1,440 was reported stolen at 8 a.m. Oct. 17 from a business in the 4300 block of Reynolds Drive.
* A 31-year-old man was arrested at 1:25 a.m. Oct. 16 for theft in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road. The man allegedly stole a woman's purse.
* Sunglasses and golf clubs were reported stolen at 9 p.m. Oct. 15 from an unlocked vehicle in the 3900 block of Park Circle South.
* A 40-year-old woman and 33-year-old man were arrested at 6:50 p.m. Oct. 17 for theft at a store in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road.
Columbus police took several recent reports about items stolen from vehicles.
* A stereo CD player and tools were reported stolen from a vehicle between 1 and 2:30 p.m. Oct. 16 in the 1800 block of Tanglewood Park Boulevard.
* Tools and testing equipment worth $2,000 were reported stolen from a vehicle between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 1500 block of Hilliard-Rome Road.
* Credit cards, debit cards and coins were reported stolen Oct. 14 from an unlocked vehicle in the 4900 block of Hilliard Oaks Court.
* Police reported a GPS unit was stolen Oct. 14 from an unlocked vehicle in the 5600 block of Hardwell Drive.
* Coins were reported stolen between 11:30 p.m. Oct. 13 and 5:30 a.m. Oct. 14 from a vehicle in the 3200 block of Deanpark Drive.
In other recent incident reports from the Columbus Division of Police:
* Prescription medication was reported stolen Oct. 18 from a residence in the 2000 block of Arway Drive.
* A laptop computer, video-game console, cellphone and $53 were reported stolen between 8:30 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Oct. 16 from a residence in the 4900 block of Hilliard Oaks Court.