Hilliard police are working to identify the driver of a vehicle that led officers on a high-speed pursuit Sunday, Dec. 1, on Interstate 270 from Hilliard to Grove City.
The driver fled from the vehicle and remained at large Tuesday, Dec. 3, but police have identified the owner of the vehicle, a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville, that was abandoned at Alkire and Clime roads, where the pursuit ended, Hilliard police officer Hyda Slone said.
"We are currently investigating to determine the identity of the driver," Slone said.
Three passengers in the vehicle were detained and questioned, Slone said.
One, a 30-year-old Columbus woman, was arrested for a warrant for a first-degree misdemeanor theft from Hilliard police. The other two were released.
Hilliard police attempted to stop the driver at 9:34 p.m. Dec. 1 for erratic driving on I-270, just north of Cemetery Road. The driver failed to stop and continued south on I-270.
The speed of the pursuit topped 100 mph, according to the pursuing officer's radio reports, Slone said.
A Columbus police helicopter aided in the pursuit, as well as Columbus police, the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, Ohio State Highway Patrol, Grove City police and additional Hilliard police officers.
No civilian or police vehicles were struck during the pursuit.
Police impounded drug paraphernalia that was found inside the vehicle, according to reports.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* Hilliard police recently responded to two reports of assaults at Darby High School and two thefts at Bradley High School.
Police charged a 14-year-old girl with assault after she and another 14-year-girl were involved in a fight at 9:55 a.m. Nov. 22 at Darby High School, 4200 Leppert Road.
Police also arrested a 17-year-old girl and a 15-year-old girl for disorderly conduct after the two girls were involved in a physical altercation at 12:20 p.m. Nov. 18 at Darby.
Police said two smartphones were reported stolen Nov. 2 at Bradley High School, 2800 Walker Road. The phones were reported stolen at 7:34 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.
* A 1995 Dodge Caravan worth $1,500 was reported stolen at 6 p.m. Nov. 24 from the 3500 block of Schirtzinger Road.
* Police reported a burglary at 6:30 a.m. Nov. 27 at a residence in the 5300 block of Wakefield Drive.
Jewelry, a television, a camera and other items, together worth an estimated $4,320, were reported stolen.
* Video-game systems, televisions and other items, together worth an estimated $5,660, were reported stolen at 2 p.m. Nov. 30 from a residence in the 3500 block of Crandon Street.
* Police arrested two 17-year-old boys and a 16-year-old boy for possession of marijuana and underage possession of alcohol at 9:10 p.m. Nov. 29 in the 5300 block of Edie Drive.
* A breaking and entering was reported at 8:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at a store in the 3600 block of Main Street. A glass door was broken. No property loss was reported.
* Police reported a burglary at 8:45 a.m. Nov. 24 at a residence in the 1700 block of Hickory Hill Drive. A window was broken to gain entry, according to the report.
Radio equipment and a tablet computer belonging to a hospice were reported stolen. Property loss was reported at $825.
* A vehicle was reported vandalized at 2 p.m. Nov. 22 in the 4800 block of Cemetery Road.
* A woman reported merchandise was stolen at 11 a.m. Nov. 21 from her mailbox at a residence in the 6100 block of Sunnyvale Drive.
* Speakers, an amplifier, a cordless drill and money were reported stolen at 4:30 p.m. Nov. 22 from an unlocked vehicle in the 4500 block of Crystal Ball Drive.
* Prescription glasses, sunglasses and a purse containing a wallet and credit cards were reported stolen at 8 a.m. Nov. 22 from a vehicle in the 4200 block of Dublin Road. A window was broken to gain entry, according to the report.
* A 19-year-old man was arrested for possession of drugs at 9:40 a.m. Nov. 20 at Scioto Darby Road and Bradford Drive.
* Police arrested a 27-year-old woman for possession of drug paraphernalia at 2:50 p.m. Nov. 26 in the 4200 block of Cemetery Road.
Columbus Division of Police
Columbus police said several items were reported stolen between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 1 from four vehicles in the 1800 block of Hilliard-Rome Road.
A list of items reported stolen was not available.
In other recent incident reports from the Columbus Division of Police:
* A television, DVD player and video-game console were reported stolen between 12:15 and 1:15 a.m. Nov. 27 from a residence in the 2100 block of Gables Lake Drive.
* Police reported a child's car seat and stroller were stolen between 6:40 and 7:30 p.m. Nov. 22 from a vehicle in the 5200 block of Nike Station Way.
* $15 in cash and coins was reported stolen between 10 p.m. Nov. 15 and 7 a.m. Nov. 16 from an unlocked vehicle in the 5500 block of Reebok Drive.
* A 23-year-old woman told police an unknown man threatened her at 9 a.m. Nov. 25 in the 5300 block of Westpointe Plaza Drive.