Hilliard police arrested two women early Monday morning, March 10, after they allegedly staged an impromptu demolition derby in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 4800 block of Jeannette Road.
Officers arrested Cecilia F. Garner, 20, of west Columbus, and Aaisha E. Bauer, 18, of Hilliard, after the women rammed their vehicles into one another shortly before midnight March 9, according to police reports.
Bauer and Garner were each charged with one count of felonious assault.
Both late-model vehicles sustained damaged but remained operable, Hilliard Sgt. Curtis Baker said.
A large group of people had arranged to meet at the location where two men had challenged each other to fight, Baker said. He said the fight was concerning an ex-girlfriend, he said.
"However, those two guys never took to fighting," Baker said.
Instead, the two women -- one of whom reportedly was the girlfriend of one of the men in question and the ex-girlfriend of the other -- used their vehicles as battering rams, police said.
One of the would-be male combatants, 18, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of carrying a concealed weapon. He had a pair of brass knuckles, police said.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* A burglary was reported at 6:20 p.m. March 6 at a residence in the 4700 block of Shineystone Way. Property loss was reported at $2,995.
* Police reported a backpack was stolen at 12:50 p.m. Feb. 28 at Hilliard Darby High School, 4200 Leppert Road.
* A smartphone was stolen at 1:30 p.m. March 6 at Hilliard Memorial Middle School, 5600 Scioto Darby Road.
* A cellphone was reported stolen at 7:50 a.m. March 3 in the 4600 block of Leap Road.
* A wallet was reported stolen at 11:15 p.m. March 1 in the 3600 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
* A license plate was reported stolen at 11:50 p.m. March 1 from a vehicle in the 3700 block of Rutledge Drive.