Hilliard police arrested a 22-year-old man early Sunday, June 15, for OVI after the vehicle he was driving struck and damaged several light fixtures at First Responders Park in Old Hilliard.
The car, a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier, had already struck the light fixtures mounted in the ground on the west side of Center Street when an officer driving by saw the incident and approached the driver, said officer Hyda Slone.
The accident occurred just after 3 a.m. June 15.
The driver, who lives near Worthington, submitted to a chemical test which indicated a blood-alcohol level of .287, more than three times the legal limit of 0.08.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
• Police arrested a 27-year-old woman for possession of drugs and soliciting at 5:20 p.m. June 9 at Knights Inn, 3950 Parkway Lane.
Police also said a known person was soliciting at the same location at 1:55 p.m. June 10.
• Police arrested three people on theft and drug-related charges at 3:15 p.m. June 7 at a store in the 4500 block of Trueman Boulevard.
Police arrested a 35-year-old man for theft after he allegedly stole merchandise worth $624. A warrant for drug abuse also had been issued for him.
A 33-year-old man and 46-year-old woman were arrested for complicity to theft, and the 33-year-old man was additionally charged with drug abuse.
• Copper wire worth $1,600 was reported stolen at 6 p.m. June 9 from the 4100 block of Britton Parkway.
• Tools worth $1,900 were reported stolen at 6 a.m. June 2 from a vehicle in the 3700 block of Smiley Road.
• A furnace was reported stolen at 3 p.m. June 3 from the 6100 block of Glade Run Road.
• An air-conditioning unit was reported stolen at 3 p.m. June 3 from the 6100 block of Longwood Drive.
• Police reported a furnace was stolen at 3 p.m. June 2 from the 2600 block of Anderson Drive.
• Tools, a tent, computer equipment and speakers, all worth $1,550, were reported stolen at 8 a.m. June 4 in the 3400 block of Crandon Street.
• A man told police a known person assaulted his 5-year-old son and damaged his bicycle at 8:15 p.m. June 5 at Beacon Elementary School, 3600 Lacon Road.
• Vandalism was reported at 11 p.m. June 4 at Heritage Club Golf Course, 3525 Heritage Club Drive. Damage was estimated at $300.
• A resident in the 3500 block of Lacon Road reported property damage at 2 p.m. June 8.
• A house key and money were reported stolen at 2:30 p.m. June 9 from a residence in the 4700 block of Drayton Road.
• Police reported a vehicle was vandalized at 9 p.m. June 4 in the 3300 block of Portrush Avenue.
• A woman told police a known person damaged her vehicle at 4:25 p.m. June 3 in the 3200 block of Hilliard-Rome Road.
• Police reported a lawn mower was stolen at 7 p.m. June 4 from the 3800 block of Rutledge Drive.
• Jewelry worth $25 was reported stolen at 6:55 p.m. June 2 from the 3600 block of Main Street.
• A wallet was reported stolen at 8:30 a.m. June 7 from a vehicle in the 3300 block of Hilliard-Rome Road.
• Police reported a band saw was stolen at 4 p.m. June 7 from a commercial vehicle in the 3900 block of Lyman Drive.