A railroad caboose owned by the Northwest Franklin County Historical Society was discovered vandalized at 4 p.m. July 3, according to the Hilliard Division of Police.
The historic caboose is kept at Weaver Park, which is adjacent to the Franklin County Fairgrounds, 4100 Columbia St..
It is not the first time the caboose has been the target of vandals, according to police records.
In the July 3 incident, two light bulbs were broken and a metal grate was damaged, police said.
Damage was estimated at $110.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
• Police reported a bicycle was stolen at 5:30 p.m. July 10 from an open garage in the 3800 block of Rutledge Drive.
• Prescription medication, a knife and a badge were reported stolen at 5 p.m. July 9 from a residence in the 4400 block of Moraine Avenue.
• Jewelry worth $300 was reported stolen at 10:45 a.m. July 8 from a residence in the 4800 block of Rays Circle.
• A burglary was reported at 1:45 p.m. July 7 from an apartment in the 4000 block of Leap Road. Jewelry and a money order were reported stolen. Loss was reported at $1,998.
• A camera, computer and rolling copier, worth a total of $19,400, were reported stolen at 8:15 p.m. July 4 from a business in the 4600 block of Trueman Boulevard.
• A purse was reported stolen at 2:15 p.m. July 3 from a vehicle in the 3400 block of Heritage Club Drive.
• Prescription medication and a video-game console were reported stolen at 3 p.m. July 10 from the 4500 block of Avery Road.
• Credit cards, money and jewelry were reported stolen at 6:35 p.m. July 9 from a residence in the 3400 block of Leap Road. Loss was reported at $878.
• Clothes and money were reported stolen at 7:30 a.m. July 10 from a residence in the 3900 block of Moundview Road. Loss was reported at $180.
• A business in the 5300 block of Center Street reported $371 was stolen at 1:30 p.m. July 7.
• A printer, an iPad and money were reported stolen at 10:30 p.m. July 10 from a commercial vehicle in the 4500 block of Swenson Street.
• Prescription medication and a cache of quarters were reported stolen at 2 p.m. June 20 from Hilliard Heritage Middle School, 5670 Scioto Darby Road.
• About 180 steel studs, worth $1,040, were reported stolen at 6 p.m. June 20 from a job site in the 4000 block of Parkway Lane.
• Two air-conditioning units were reported stolen at 3:30 p.m. June 24 from the 6100 block of Longwood Drive.
• Clothes were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 10 p.m. June 21 in the 4200 block of Ivy Crest Court.
• Medical equipment was reported stolen at 11:30 p.m. June 20 from a vehicle in the 5400 block of Shadow Glen Court.
• A resident in the 2900 block of Honeysuckle Lane told police at 11 p.m. July 4 a bullet passed through her roof and bathroom ceiling.
• A vehicle window was reported broken at 10:10 a.m. July 11 in the 3400 block of Heritage Club Drive.
• A patio table was reported vandalized at 7 a.m. July 8 in the 4500 block of Moraine Avenue.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized at 7:20 a.m. July 8 in the 3800 block of Lacon Road.
• Three vehicles were reported vandalized and landscaping damaged at 3:55 a.m. July 6 at a residence in the 5000 block of Cemetery Road. Tires were cut on one of the vehicles, according to the police report.
• A windshield was reported broken at 11 p.m. July 5 on a vehicle in the 4800 block of Lady Jane Avenue.
• Police arrested a 23-year-old man for possession of a controlled substance at 7 p.m. July 4 in the 5600 block of Scioto Darby Road.
• A 38-year-old man was arrested at 6:45 p.m. July 3 for possession of drug paraphernalia at 6:45 p.m. July 3 at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270.
• Police arrested a 16-year-old boy for possession of drug paraphernalia and an 18-year-old man for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 1:30 p.m. July 1 at Hoffman Farms Drive and Woodsview Way.
• Police arrested a 54-year-old man for theft and a 24-year-old man for possession of drug-abuse instruments at 4:05 p.m. July 5 at a store in the 4100 block of Trueman Boulevard.
• Police arrested a 37-year-old man for possession of drugs and unlawful possession of a firearm at 3:40 p.m. July 10 in the 5500 block of Mirage Drive.
• A 25-year-old woman was arrested for possession of narcotics at 1:30 p.m. July 8 in the 3600 block of Fishinger Boulevard.
• Police arrested a 17-year-old boy for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia at 9:45 p.m. June 18 in the 4200 block of Weaver Court.