Hilliard police received reports of mailbox vandalism that occurred late in the evening Aug. 10.
Mailboxes at three residences in the 6200 block of Strider Lane and four residences in the 3200 block of Vinton Park Place were damaged, according to police reports.
Officer Hyda Slone said it is probable the same suspects are responsible for the incidents, but Hilliard police have not identified any suspects and cannot conclusively say the same suspects committed the vandalism.
Police said they speculated a baseball bat, a pipe or a similar metallic object was used.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
• A vehicle was reported vandalized at 3 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road.
• Two vehicles in the 3900 block of Lyman Drive were reported vandalized at 4:15 p.m. Aug. 10. A stereo was reported stolen from each vehicle, police said.
• Police impounded marijuana found at 10:25 p.m. Aug. 12 at a residence in the 4200 block of Circle Drive. The police report did not indicate any charges were immediately filed.
• Gift cards were reported stolen at noon Aug. 12 from the 4400 block of Reynolds Drive.
• Water downspouts were reported removed at 7 a.m. Aug. 9 from a residence in the 4200 block of Dublin Road in Norwich Township. Loss was estimated at $1,600, according to the police report.
• Copper worth $1,350 was reported stolen at 2:30 p.m. Aug. 12 from a business in the 4300 block of Reynolds Drive.
• A purse was reported stolen at 10:45 p.m. Aug. 9 from the 3600 block of Park Mill Run Drive. The purse was recovered, but $300 in cash and other items were missing from the purse, according to the police report.
• Police arrested a 22-year-old woman for petty theft and drug abuse at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 4200 block of Trueman Boulevard.
• Items worth $1,000 were reported stolen at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 8 from the 4600 block of Trueman Boulevard.
• A 25-year-old woman was arrested for felony theft at 4 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 5000 block of Vinings Boulevard. The woman stole prescription medication, police said.
• A purse was reported stolen at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 9 in the 5400 block of Constitution Boulevard. Loss was estimated at $161, according to the police report.