Johnstown: Dispatchers dialed over disputes, disturbances
Johnstown police recently responded to a few incidents involving disputes or arguments.
A mother and son were arguing in the first block of South Main Street, according to a disturbance call received at 10:53 p.m. July 23. A neighbor said she heard pounding on the wall.
A resident in the 300 block of Cole Drive said her daughter had taken her vehicle and had not returned it, according to a report taken at 7:25 p.m. July 19.
Parties were separated for the night after a 911 hang-up call was received at 10:11 p.m. July 22 from a residence in the 400 block of Cole Drive. Upon calling back, dispatchers said, it sounded like a verbal domestic dispute in the background.
A disturbance call was received from Chimes Terrace in the first block of Williams Street at 8:35 a.m. July 23. A woman was sitting on one side of the street as a man in front of her appeared to be arguing, according to reports.
In other Johnstown Police Department incident reports:
* A resident in the 100 block of Briarwood Drive was advised to lower the volume after loud music was reported coming from an apartment at 12:13 a.m. July 20.
* Two non-injury accidents were reported July 23. One occurred at 10:09 a.m. at a medical building in the 100 block of Woodgate Court. The other occurred at 11:37 a.m. in the Marathon parking lot at Main and Coshocton streets.
* Prescription drugs were reported stolen in the first block of South Williams Street at 6:46 p.m. July 23.
* An oversized load was reported coming through town, turning from Main Street to Coshocton Street, at 4:47 p.m. July 22.
* Criminal damage was reported at 12:19 a.m. July 21 after someone opened a truck door into another vehicle at a business in the first block of North Main Street.
* A marijuana plant was found on the top of a mailbox at the Ashbury Apartments, according to a report received at 7:30 p.m. July 20.
* Gas was reported stolen from a service station in the 200 block of West Coshocton Street at 4:46 p.m. July 19.
* A faulty fire alarm went off at Johnstown High School, 401 S. Oregon St., at 6:49 a.m. July 26, according to reports.
* Heartland Bank branches in Johnstown and Croton received a bomb threat, according to a report received at 5:01 p.m. July 26. A canine was dispatched to the banks, and the fire department was notified.
* Wood was reported stolen from a residence in the 200 block of Sunset Drive at 3:08 p.m. July 25.
* An iPod and change were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Saratoga Drive at 2:19 p.m. July 25.
* Items were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Meadow Lane at 9:40 a.m. July 25.
* A phone was reported stolen from Goodwill, 715 W. Coshocton St. at 1:16 p.m. July 25.
* Juveniles were reported running around the neighborhood and disturbing people on Briarwood Drive, according a report received at 1:30 a.m. July 28.
* A Briarwood Drive resident said he found some kids in his Jeep at 9:49 p.m. July 26.
* Four teens were on a roof, cussing and being loud, in the first block of South Williams, according to a complaint received at 1:47 p.m. July 26.
* A woman wouldn't stop after driving over equipment from a gas truck that was filling tanks in the first block of North Main Street at 10:09 a.m. July 27.
* Police took a complaint at 10:02 p.m. July 28 about loud music coming from the 100 block of Briarwood Drive.
* Police received a call at 11:38 a.m. July 29 about construction trucks hauling gravel without tarps over trucks, dropping gravel in the roadways and onto oncoming cars. Police spoke to a Kokosing foreman and Shelly Co representative and were told neither was hauling gravel that day.
* A lock was broken off a storage shed in the 100 block of Briarwood Drive sometime between 5 p.m. July 28 and 4:23 p.m. July 29.
* A mailbox was vandalized in the 400 block of Kyber Run Circle, according to a report received at 6:25 p.m. July 30.
* A disturbance call was received at 3:16 p.m. July 31, when two people were arguing beside a vehicle at Parkdale and Stone Hedge Row roads.