Johnstown: Vandals strike school, business, residence
Johnstown police recently responded to several incidents of vandalism at a school, business and residence.
Oregon Elementary School, 125 N. Oregon St., was vandalized, according to a report received at 6:43 p.m. Aug. 4. A window at the school building was broken, and the building was spray-painted. The dugouts also were spray-painted, according to reports.
The bowling alley on Edwards Road also was vandalized with spray paint, according to a report received at 3:35 p.m. Aug. 4. The bowling alley's garage was spray-painted, and the bowling alley entrances were both opened.
A home was vandalized in the 300 block of Briarwood Drive, according to a report received at 8:58 p.m. Aug. 2. Beer bottles or cans were thrown at a front window.
In other Johnstown police incident reports:
* A Briarwood Drive resident called police at 11:35 p.m. Aug. 6 about her daughter and daughter's boyfriend being drunk and high on drugs.
* A drive-off was reported at the Marathon gas station, 7 N. Main St., at 5:52 p.m. Aug. 1 after a motorist left without paying for gasoline.
A drive-off also was reported at the Duke gas station, 233 W. Coshocton St., at 5:56 p.m. Aug. 6.
* Police received an anonymous call at 3:05 a.m. Aug. 5 regarding someone trying to get into storage units on Briarwood Drive.
* A Meadow Drive resident reported a suspicious person at 10:24 p.m. Aug. 4 after he saw an older man standing in the roadway, staring at a house about seven doors down, toward the gas station. The man was wearing a flannel zip-up hoodie and blue jeans and fled on foot, according to reports.
* Juveniles were reported using paint guns at North Williams and West Maple at 12:03 a.m. Aug. 3.
* Males were separated after causing a disturbance in the first block of East Pratt Street at 10:26 a.m. Aug. 2., according to reports.
* Suspicious persons were reported at the playground to the rear of Searfoss Elementary School, 85 W. Douglas St., at 12:10 a.m. Aug. 2.
* An MP3 player was reported stolen from a residence in the 200 block of Briarwood Drive, according to a report received at 8:02 p.m. Aug. 1.
* A disturbance was reported at 8:05 p.m. July 31 after three guys in a truck were yelling profanities at neighborhood kids at the storage units on Briarwood Drive.