Johnstown police recently received several incident reports involving harassment via social media.
A resident in the 200 block of Briarwood Drive reported at 1:01 p.m. Aug. 12 that a juvenile was threatening her daughter via twitter and telling her she should kill herself.
A Newark woman reported at 1:21 p.m. Aug. 7 that her daughter received threatening phone calls/ messages on her cellphone at the Hartford Fair. She said the threats also were being posted on Facebook. The Licking County Sheriff's Office has been notified and was expected to meet with the woman at her home, reports said.
In other Johnstown police incident reports:
* A man going door to door, claiming to be a representative for Costal Concept Sales, was collecting money supposedly to send troops care packages, according to a suspicious-person report received at 3:59 p.m. Aug. 13. Google advises it's a scam, reports said.
* Police investigated a complaint about a passenger in a car, waving a gun, at 3:31 p.m. Aug. 13 in the Wendy's parking lot on West Coshocton Street. The passenger was wearing lime-green, and the driver was in camouflage, reports said. Police found the vehicle and occupants in the Duke parking lot but found no evidence of a gun.
* Police were requested at Kroger after a tall, dark man was upset because the pharmacy was closed at 9:30 p.m. Aug. 12. The man was very shaky and aggressive, reports said. The man left the store before police arrived.
* Three or four kids in Ashbury allegedly bought drugs and then walked down the gravel path by the recreation center, according to an anonymous report received at 7:09 p.m. Aug. 12.
* A Briarwood Drive resident was reported as being high and fighting with her brother at 6:27 p.m. Aug. 12.
* Boys were hitting picnic tables with baseball bats at the town square, according to a complaint received at 2:26 p.m. Aug. 12. The kids had foam bats, according to police.
* A fight was about to break out among residents in the 200 block of Briarwood Drive, according to disturbance call received at 4:04 p.m. Aug. 11.
* A resident in the 200 block of Briarwood Drive reported that someone had shot out her window at 1 p.m. Aug. 11.
* Jewelry was reported stolen at 9:52 a.m. Aug. 11 from a residence in the 200 block of Village Drive.
* Items were reported stolen from a vehicle on Commerce Boulevard at 10:53 a.m. Aug. 10.
* Police were asked to perform a wellness check at 6:23 p.m. Aug. 7 for residents in the 100 block of Oregon Street. The anonymous caller said the children were living in filthy conditions, not fit for a dog.