Johnstown: Many residents report suspicious activity
Several Johnstown residents recently reported suspicious activities at their homes, including broken windows and damaged doors.
A window was reported broken at a residence in the 200 block of Briarwood Drive, according to a vandalism complaint received at midnight Aug. 25.
Additional police patrols were requested Aug. 25 by a Kasson Street resident after she had heard scratching and knocking on her window.
The front door of a residence in the 300 block of Buena Vista Drive appeared as though someone tried to get into the home, according to a complaint received at 9:08 p.m. Aug. 24.
In other Johnstown police incident reports:
* A credit card was reported stolen at 9:59 p.m. Aug. 27 from a residence in the 200 block of Briarwood Drive.
* A cellphone was reported stolen at 7:32 p.m. Aug. 25 from a business in the 800 block of West Coshocton Street.
* A bicycle was reported stolen at 2:36 p.m. Aug. 25 from a residence in the first block of West Maple Street.
* The smell of rubber or burning plastic was reported to police at 1:37 p.m. Aug. 27 in the first block of Meadow Lane. Police didn't find anything burning.
* Kids reportedly were playing in the new foundation that just had been poured next to Pizza Burg, 90 S. Main St., according to a complaint filed at 8:24 p.m. Aug. 26.
* Cars were unable to exit Kroger because of the ODOT construction, according to a traffic report taken at 6:37 p.m. Aug. 26.
* A brindle pit bull was running loose at Oregon Elementary School, according to an animal complaint received at 5:32 p.m. Aug. 26.
* A 65- to 70-year-old man was darting in and out of traffic on a scooter at Main and Pratt streets, according to a traffic complaint received at 2:22 p.m. Aug. 25.
* A Briarwood Drive resident reported at 4:25 p.m. Aug. 24 that she has received harassing phone calls from a man she knows. She said she's being stalked again.
* Tenants were yelling and arguing from apartments in the 100 block of South Williams Street, according to a disturbance call received at 1:11 a.m. Aug. 24.
* Seven to 10 people were running up and down stairs and congregating outside in the first block of Pratt Street, according to a disturbance call received at 10:04 p.m. Aug. 23.
* Two men in a white van were soliciting without a permit on Meadow Lane and on Edwards Road, according to several complaints received Aug. 23. The men told an Edwards Road resident to "go F himself." Police advised the men to pack up and not solicit until they have a permit.
* A resident in the first block of West Maple Street reported that a 7-year-old girl has been hungry and on her porch for three nights. She reported the incidents to police at 5:32 p.m. Aug. 21.