Lots of theft reports filed during the week
A variety of thefts from residences and businesses were reported to Johnstown police recently.
Items were reported stolen from an apartment in the 170 block of Briarwood Drive while the resident was on vacation. The theft report was received at 2:32 p.m. Sept. 23.
A chain saw was reported stolen from a residence in the 300 block of Elm Street at 2:05 p.m. Sept. 20.
A power washer was reported stolen from a business in the 140 block of Commerce Boulevard at 4:54 p.m. Sept. 20.
A bicycle was reported stolen from a residence in the first block of East Coshocton Street, according to a report received at 8:08 p.m. Sept. 18.
Fifteen to 20 packs of batteries and a pair of drug tests were reported stolen from Kroger, 800 W. Coshocton St., at 7:14 p.m. Sept. 23. The items were stolen by three people who had entered the store and had someone waiting in a gold Taurus or Camry, according to reports.
In other Johnstown police incident reports:
* A residence in the 160 block of Main Street was entered, and items were damaged, according to a report received at 10:51 a.m. Sept. 24.
* Two tires on a vehicle were slashed at a residence in the first block of Stone Hedge Row, according to a criminal-damaging report received at 10:53 a.m. Sept. 22.
* Police responded to a disturbance call at 6:36 p.m. Sept. 24. People were trying to move out of an Ashbury Apartments unit on West Maple Street, and two men by the coffee shop were creating a disturbance. The group separated upon police arrival, according to reports.
* Someone has been using the Goodwill dumpster at 715 W. Coshocton St. for trash, according to a report received at 2:54 p.m. Sept. 24. Personal information was found within the trash, according to reports.
* A dog in the first block of North Main Street was barking constantly for 45 minutes, according to a complaint received at 8:21 p.m. Sept. 23.
* A threatening message was left on the cellphone of a resident in the first block of Pepperwood Place, according to a report received at 2:41 p.m. Sept. 23.
* A suspicious vehicle was reported at 8:18 p.m. Sept. 22, when the driver of a silver car pulled up in the first block of Westview Drive and said over a loudspeaker, "Please come out of your house."
* The driver of a diesel truck was doing burnouts in the 300 block of Cole Drive, according to a disturbance call received at 1:47 a.m. Sept. 22. A group of four to six people encouraged the driver to keep doing it, according to reports.
* Screws and nails were dumped in the driveway of a residence in the first block of East Coshocton Street, according to a report received at 9:17 a.m. Sept. 18.