Johnstown police recently responded to reports of suspicious persons in local neighborhoods. In one case, the cause for concern was just the delivery of a newspaper.
A prowler was reported at 12:26 a.m. Jan. 15 in the 200 block of Sunset Drive. Someone was reported walking between her house and her neighbor's.
A resident in the 200 block of Cole Drive reported a suspicious person at 4:50 p.m. Jan. 14, when someone knocked on her door. When looking through the peephole, she said, it appeared as if someone was up against the door. A newspaper was stuck in the door knocker, blocking the peephole.
A suspicious person was reporting in the area of Weeping Willow Run Drive in Leafy Dell at 10:58 a.m. Jan. 13. A male in a green Honda kept driving around the neighborhood, according to reports. The car exited to Croton Road before police arrived.
In other Johnstown police incident reports:
* A grocery cart was reported stolen in the 100 block of Cole Drive at 9:44 a.m. Jan. 9. It was later found under a stairwell, according to reports.
* A sub sandwich was reported stolen by three males at 10:35 a.m. Jan. 9 at Circle K, 8 N. Main St. They left in a Pontiac Grand Am or Grand Prix, heading westbound on West Coshocton Street, according to reports.
* Police received a complaint at 8:14 a.m. Jan. 10 from Bright Start Learning Center, 316 N. Main St., about a woman and her grandmother, harassing workers about an incident that had occurred the previous day.
* A disturbance was reported in the 200 block of Sunset Drive at 7:50 p.m. Jan. 10. Loud music was coming from a neighbor's car or residence, according to reports.
* Johnstown police were called to assist the Licking County Sheriff's Office concerning three individuals dressed in camouflage with guns in a barn on Green Chapel Road outside of the village.
* Trash was illegally dumped at a business in the first block of South Main Street, according to a complaint filed at 12:55 p.m. Jan. 12. The caller told police that when he confronted a suspect, she cussed at him and said she would continue to use his trash bin.
* Vandalism was reported at 9:43 a.m. Jan. 11 in the 200 block of Sunset Drive. Someone had thrown an underground wire cover through a vehicle window.