Johnstown police recently responded to a variety of incidents involving alleged mistreatment of dogs, ranging from keeping one tied to a porch grill to another one being beaten.
Police received an anonymous call from a resident in the 200 block of Briarwood Drive about a dog that had been tied to a porch grill for a few days, and it looked about dead. The animal complaint was received at 1:01 p.m. Tuesday, June 24. The caller said the Licking County Humane Society wouldn't help because it doesn't have a contract with the village. An officer spoke with the dog's owner, who said the animal is tied throughout the day and had food and water. The dog isn't neglected, according to reports.
A man allegedly was beating a dog in the first block of North Kasson Street, according to an animal complaint received at 9:55 a.m. June 22. The man was wearing tan slacks and a dark shirt, and he started chasing the dog toward Circle K, according to reports.
Police received a call about a dog being locked in a car with windows rolled up and in distress at Goodwill, 715 W. Coshocton St., at 4:13 p.m. June 21. The owner was notified, and the dog was fine, according to reports. The windows were open.
In other Johnstown police incident reports:
* A fire hydrant was busted in front of a residence in the first block of Kasson Street, according to a vandalism report received at 5:56 p.m. June 24. The hydrant was checked and found to be knocked over, according to reports. The service department was notified.
* Police received a report about two men who were arguing and fighting in the parking lot at Coughlin Ford, 670 W. Coshocton St., after a road-rage incident on U.S. Route 62 at 3:17 p.m. June 24. Both men were ordered to leave the area and discontinue their behavior, according to reports.
* A resident in the 400 block of Lakeview Drive reported her grandson was being unruly, punching a hole in the door because she wouldn't give him his cellphone, at 2:08 p.m. June 19.
* A resident in the 100 block of Briarwood Drive reported someone stole 102 Blu-ray DVDs from his apartment at 6:42 p.m. June 22.
* Medication was reported stolen from a residence in the first block of North Williams Street at 12:06 a.m. June 21.
* A resident in the 400 block of Sunset Drive reported loud music from across the street at 5:38 p.m. June 21. Police told the resident to turn it down and keep it down or he would be cited.
* A loud party was reported at 11:35 p.m. June 21 in the first block of West Maple Street. Police told the resident to turn down the music, according to reports.
* Police received an anonymous call that a woman had been drinking at The Pub on South Main Street and she was leaving with a baby, according to a report received at 11:44 p.m. June 22. The woman wasn't driving, according to reports.
* A resident in the 100 block of West Jersey Street reported have problems with her neighbor getting into her mail, according to a complaint filed at 9:40 a.m. June 23. Police said they would contact the neighbor, according to reports.