Johnstown police recently responded to various complaints about dogs -- from barking to alleged aggression.
A resident complained about dogs barking in the 100 block of Saratoga Drive at 6:50 a.m. Aug. 4.
A white Staffordshire terrier was reported running loose at 8:04 p.m. Aug. 2 at Pratt and Williams streets.
A dog was tied outside and crying, according to a call at 12:02 p.m. July 30 in the first block of Kasson Street. The dog's owner took the animals inside before police arrived, according to reports.
Four to five youths were walking two pit bulls along Parkside Drive at 8:52 p.m. July 30, according to an animal complaint. The caller said the dogs were acting aggressive and growling at people and other dogs. Police found the dogs well-behaved and friendly, according to reports.
In other Johnstown police incident reports:
* A man ran from Family Dollar, 715 W. Coshocton St., with 10 stolen DVDs, according to a report received at 6:02 p.m. Aug. 5.
* An unidentified person pumped gas at Circle K, 8 N. Main St., and left without paying, according to a theft report received at 11:39 a.m. July 30.
* A disturbance was reported on Briarwood Drive at 9:28 p.m. Aug. 3. The caller said she could hear a female screaming and yelling for help inside a building across from her apartment. Police discovered an argument between a father and child near the roadway, according to reports.
* A resident in the first block of West Jersey Street expressed concerns about a letter she had received from her ex-boyfriend, according to a complaint received at 8:40 p.m. Aug. 1.
* A Briarwood Drive resident said her screen door was slashed by a woman who had been in her face, yelling at her, according to a report received at 8:20 p.m. July 30. She said the woman slashed the screen when she shut the door, reports said.
* A caller reported that a woman, while walking her dog, was cursing and screaming at her ex-boyfriend, who lives in the first block of North William Street. The disturbance report was received at 7:18 p.m. July 30. Both two who were arguing settled down, according to reports.
* A juvenile was reported climbing the light pole at the rear of Park National Bank, according to a report received at 11:48 p.m. July 31. He and two other boys were warned by police to go home immediately.
* Juveniles were reported on a scooter in the 400 block of Lakeview Drive at 1:46 a.m. July 31. A parent was present, and police told the youths to keep their voices down, according to reports.