Granville slates summer concerts
The 32nd season of the Granville Recreation District's Concerts on the Green has been announced. All programs begin at 6:30 p.m. and run for 90 minutes with no intermission.
The free performances are held on Denison University's Fine Arts Quad, 338 W. Broadway, Granville. Audience members are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnics.
The concert schedule is:
* Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day) Parrots of the Caribbean
* Sunday, June 2: Teeny Tucker
* Sunday, June 16: Fourth Avenue
* Sunday, June 30: Shazzbots
* Sunday, July 14: Grace Adele and the Grand Band
* Sunday, July 28: Jake and Elwood's Blues Review
* Sunday, Aug. 4: The Belairs
* Sunday, Aug. 18: The Reaganomics
In the event of rain, the concert will be in Burke Hall, where restrooms are available during all concerts. News that the concert has been moved indoors will be posted on the GRD website, granvillerec.org and also at 740-587-1976.