The Pataskala Division of Police is investigating the alleged theft of a truck April 12 from the Licking Heights High School parking lot, 4000 Mink St., and a subsequent hit-skip accident reportedly involving the vehicle.
The vehicle owner recently discovered damage to the vehicle and reported it to the insurance company.
The insurance company said the vehicle reportedly was involved in a hit-skip accident April 12, said Pataskala police Capt. Michael Boals.
The incident was reported to police at 3:45 p.m. May 21.
Boals said police reviewed video from the high school parking lot April 12 and determined someone drove the truck out of the parking lot at 2:50 p.m. and returned it at 5 p.m.
No arrests have been made. Boals said the incident remains under investigation.
In other recent incident reports from the Pataskala Division of Police:
* A 47-year-old man was arrested for being under the influence and having physical control of a vehicle under the influence at 1:15 p.m. May 20 at Columbia and Broad streets. The man had a foil pipe, pill bottle and a small bag of marijuana with him.
* An 18-year-old man was arrested for drug abuse at 1:25 p.m. May 17 at Broad Street and Columbia Road. The man was found with a bag containing "a green leafy substance."
* A 17-year-old boy was arrested for theft and criminal mischief at 12:10 a.m. May 19 in the 200 block of Isaac Tharp Street. The juvenile was caught in possession of spray paint.
* Prescription drugs were reported stolen at 1:28 p.m. May 18 from a home in the 400 block of Merritt Road. The drugs are valued at $100 and were taken between midnight May 12 and 1:28 p.m. May 18.
* Police are investigating a burglary that occurred at 1:07 p.m. May 18 in the 7000 block of Taylor Road. A business reported $1,550 missing and a door damaged. The business was entered by force, according to police reports.
* Police arrested a 54-year-old woman and a 21-year-old woman for domestic violence at 7:01 p.m. May 17 in the 100 block of Broadway Street.