Seven boys were found beating a skunk with a baseball bat about 9 p.m. July 19 in the 100 block of Coronado Drive in Pataskala, according to police reports.
Police Capt. Michael Boals said the Ohio Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was called to the scene. The skunk was transported to Ohio State University for care.
Boals said no charges were filed at this time.
He said two 14-year-old boys, a 7-year-old boy, two 6-year-old boys, a 5-year-old and a 4-year-old boy were found on the scene.
In other recent incident reports from the Pataskala Division of Police:
* Police are investigating the theft of comforters, pillow shams and an undetermined amount of money that reportedly were taken between midnight May 24 and 9:44 p.m. July 16 from the 200 block of Cedar Street.
* Police are investigating the theft of a washing machine, dryer and refrigerator valued at $2,400 between midnight and 4 p.m. July 15 from an unoccupied residence in the 1000 block of Oxford Drive.
* Police are investigating the theft of a drill, saw and battery charger, no value given, between 8 a.m. July 11 and 10 p.m. July 14 from a residence in the 1000 block of Harold Stewart Parkway.
* Police cited a 12-year-old boy for theft of a bicycle from the 1000 block of Roscommon Drive. The bicycle was reported missing at 4:25 p.m. July 17 and the 12-year-old later was found riding it.
* Police arrested a 20-year-old woman for domestic violence at 6:17 p.m. July 17 in the 13000 block of Broad Street.