Man is arrested on burglary, drug charges
The Pataskala Division of Police arrested a man for burglary at 6:22 p.m. Oct. 3 and also charged him with four drug-related offenses.
Police arrested 24-year-old Antonio D. Tucker of 505 Pierce Ave., Whitehall, after receiving a report of an "active burglary," said Pataskala Police Capt. Michael Boals.
Boals said Tucker was seen walking from a residence in the 200 block of Cedar Street with a case of soda and a television remote control.
When officers searched Tucker they found a glass pipe and a spoon containing what they believe to be drug residue.
He is being charged with possession of drugs, drug paraphernalia, possession of drug abuse instruments and trafficking drugs, the police report states.
Police also made three other drug-related arrests in the last two weeks.
* Police arrested a 21-year-old woman for drug abuse at 10:58 p.m. Oct. 13 on Cleveland Road at Mink Street.
* Police arrested a 20-year-old man for drug abuse at 12:59 a.m. Oct. 14 on Broad Street west of Columbia Road.
* Police arrested a 26-year-old woman for possession of drug abuse instruments and drugs at 1:15 a.m. Oct. 15 at a vacant property on Broad Street at Summit Road.
Reports said the woman was found with needles, bags containing what was believed to be drug residue and aluminum foil.
In other recent Pataskala Division of Police reports:
* Police are investigating the theft of $4,237 that is believed to have occurred between 2 p.m. Sept. 28 and 2 p.m. Oct. 1 from a business in the 100 block of East Broad Street.
* Police arrested a 24-year-old man for being under the influence of alcohol or drugs and improper handling of a firearm at 2:40 a.m. Oct. 5 on Broad Street at Summit Road.
The man was inside a vehicle with a handgun, according to reports.
* Police arrested an 18-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man for assault at 11:04 p.m. Oct. 4 on Broad Street at Corylus Drive.
Reports said the woman also was charged with obstructing official business and underage consumption.
* Police are investigating ammunition for a 22-caliber rifle found in a barn in the 3000 block of Mink Street at 4:40 p.m. Oct. 9.
According to reports, the property owner requested the ammunition be removed from his property.