The Pataskala Division of Police is investigating an attempted robbery at 11:48 p.m. Jan. 17 at the Certified Gas Station, 14120 E. Broad St.
Capt. Michael Boals said a person asked for money from the cash register and punched the clerk before leaving the scene without any money.
The would-be robber had a "simulated firearm," according to the police report. Boals said police are unsure what the "simulated firearm" was.
No one has been charged in the incident, which is under investigation, Boals said.
In other recent incident reports from the Pataskala Division of Police:
* Police are investigating charges of pandering obscenity that occurred between 6 a.m. and 1:47 p.m. Jan. 18 at Licking Heights Middle School, 6565 Summit Road.
Sgt. Andy Waugh said students were sending pictures of themselves to each other.
No charges have been filed in the incident, which is under investigation, Waugh said.
* Pataskala police arrested two 30-year-old women for assault and criminal damaging at 11 a.m. Jan. 11 in the parking lot of Dugout Sports Bar, 14592 Broad St.
Officers arrived at the business to find a 27-year-old woman bleeding from the nose, according to the police report.
She said the two women assaulted her and damaged her vehicle.
The woman was checked by a medic at the scene.
No other information was available.
* Police are investigating the theft of a $300 computer tablet reported stolen between 7 a.m. and 8:15 p.m. Jan. 9 from a home in the 4000 block of Columbia Road.
* Police are investigating the theft of a vehicle between 1 p.m. Jan. 17 and 8 a.m. Jan. 18.
The vehicle was left with keys in it and the motor running in the 6000 block of Taylor Road, the police report said.
* Officers arrested two people following a traffic stop at 10:46 p.m. Jan. 11 on Broad Street at John Reese Parkway.
A 17-year-old girl was cited for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia after being found with a bag of marijuana, the police report said. A 24-year-old man was cited for open container.
* A 49-year-old man was arrested for driving under the influence at 2:37 a.m. Jan. 19 on Summit Road, south of Graham Road.