The Licking County Coalition for Housing (LCCH) will offer Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) at several area locations.
VITA uses IRS-certified volunteers to prepare and efile federal, state and school district tax returns for people with an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $51,000 or less. With direct deposit, refunds may be received in as few as 10 days.
The times and locations of VITA services follow:
* 12:30 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays at Opportunity Links, 998 E. Main St., Newark, Appointments required.
* 2 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, 19 and 26 at Warner Library at the Ohio State University's Newark campus. Appointments and walk-ins.
* 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 5 and 12 at Granville Public Library, 217 E. Broadway, Granville. Appointments required.
* 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays at LCCH, 23 S. Park Place, Suite 200, Newark. Appointments required.
* 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at LCCH, 23 S. Park Place, Suite 200, Newark. Appointments and walk-ins (except on Feb. 22 and April 12).
* 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays, Feb. 22 and April 12 at Warner Library at the Ohio State University's Newark campus. Appointments and walk-ins.
Taxpayers must bring photo identification; taxpayers and dependents must bring their Social Security cards. Other information and materials to bring include routing and accounting numbers for direct deposit; W-2s, 1099s and any forms that show income, 1098T tuition form and student loan statements; childcare expense receipts (with EIN or SSN of provider); receipts for itemized deductions; any other tax forms; a copy of last year's tax return; your spouse. If filing jointly, both taxpayers must be present.
For more information call 740-345-1970, extension 224. For an appointment, call 740-345-1970, extension 200.