Pataskala's ad hoc search committee completed interviews last week with five candidates for city administrator.
The committee includes City Council members Tim Hickin, Dan Hayes and Melissa Gibson and Mayor Mike Compton.
Hickin, the committee chairman, said the group will speak to the rest of City Council on June 2 to determine how to proceed.
"We will at least present our initial findings, probably in executive session and then in open council on Monday," he said.
Hickin said the committee had recommended doing second interviews but now, he said, the committee wants to review the interviews with the rest of City Council before moving forward.
Compton will make the appointment after the committee makes a recommendation.
The committee narrowed the initial list of 17 applicants to six. Hickin said one, Dennis Recker of Whitehouse, had accepted another position by the time the interviews were scheduled.
The five interviewed were:
* Donna Dettling of Gregory, Mich., manager of the village of Dexter.
* Richard Giroux of Sebring, city manager of Sebring.
* Steven Golnar of Loveland, city manager of Rawlins, Wyo., through April 2013.
* Alan Lanning of Steamboat Springs, Colo., city manager for Central City.
* Robert Schaumleffel of Westerville, town manager for Red Springs, N.C., through April 2012.
The job posting lists the salary from $80,000 to $110,000, with the potential for residency incentives if the candidate moves to the city.
Pataskala's utilities director, Nathan Coey, has been acting city administrator since Timothy Boland left in December. City Council had declined to renew Boland's contract.