Pataskala police officers arrested two men last week in conjunction with two separate burglaries.
Police charged Christopher Clayton, 18, of Cedar Street, with a fourth-degree felony count of burglary for the theft of knives, coins, a Coach purse, a Samsung keyboard and diamond earrings taken between 11:30 a.m. June 24 and 11:15 a.m. June 27 from a home in the 200 block of Cedar Street.
Police charged Charles A. Dumas Jr., 23, of Huey Circle Court, with a fifth-degree felony count of burglary for the theft of a flat-screen television valued at $428 taken between 7:45 a.m. and 4:42 p.m. June 28 from a home in the 100 block of Poff Drive.
In other recent incident reports from the Pataskala Division of Police:
* Police are investigating the theft of a van, no value given, between 8 p.m. June 25 and 7 a.m. June 26 from a business in the first block of Cypress Street.
* Police are investigating vandalism to a vehicle, which had all four tires slashed, between 7:30 and 10:32 p.m. June 26 while it was parked in the 100 block of Village Gate Boulevard.
* Police cited a 29-year-old man for contributing to the unruliness or delinquency of a minor, criminal trespassing, possession of drug paraphernalia, offenses involving underage persons and possession of drugs at 10:21 p.m. June 29 at Thomas J. Evans Foundation Park, 10255 McIntosh Road.
The man was found in Foundation Park with a small bag of marijuana, two glass pipes, a metal pipe, an empty bottle of liquor and four cans of beer.
Three juveniles were involved in the incident, according to the police report.
* Police received a call about a dog bite at 9 p.m. June 29 in a park in the first block of Coronado Drive.
The alleged victim, a 5-year-old girl, received minor injuries.
No charges were filed in the incident.
Police could not find the dog, described as a brown Labrador retriever, the report said.
* Police confiscated two boxes of ammunition and a speed loader for a handgun that were found beside a trash bag at 12:40 a.m. July 1 in the 400 block of Bristol Drive.