The Pataskala Division of Police cited two people last weekend for improper discharge of firearms.
Police cited a 26-year-old man for discharging firearms and hunting in a prohibited area at 11:35 p.m. July 5.
The man shot a deer from his apartment window on Poff Drive at Blacks Road.
Police also cited an 18-year-old man for using weapons while intoxicated at 10:19 p.m. July 3 in the 6000 block of Summit Road.
Police found a .22-caliber rifle, a shotgun, various rounds ammunition and various spent rounds of ammunition at the scene, according to the police report.
The city allows firearms to be discharged in certain portions of the city but Pataskala City Council on Sept. 16, 2013 amended the firearms-discharge zones ordinance restricting shooting to daylight hours and including language to prevent shooting from becoming a nuisance or an unreasonable disturbance to neighbors.
The ordinance references the National Rifle Association's Range Sourcebook for safety standards and guidelines.
In other recent incident reports from the Pataskala Division of Police:
• Police are investigating the theft of cigarettes, a lighter, electronic cigarettes and an electronic tablet between 10:30 p.m. July 8 and 8:05 a.m. July 9 from a home in the 400 block of Broadview Court.
• Police are investigating the theft of money, ammunition and prescription drugs between 11 p.m. July 2 and 7 a.m. July 3 from a residence in the 400 block of Bristol Drive.
• Police are investigating the theft of prescription painkillers between 5 p.m. June 29 and 6:11 p.m. July 4 from a home in the 200 block of Cedar Street.
• Police are investigating the theft of a 2011 Ford Mustang between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. July 3 from a parking lot in the 300 block of Broad Street.
• Police are investigating a possible breaking and entering charge between 5:15 p.m. July 3 and 6:40 p.m. July 4 at a residence in the 200 block of Connors Avenue. An exterior glass door and door frames inside the home were damaged in the incident, the police report said.
• Police cited a 21-year-old man and a 24-year-old man for possession of drugs at 5:07 p.m. July 6 in the 100 block of Poff Road.
• Police cited an 18-year-old man for OVI, possession of drugs and a curfew violation at 1:05 a.m. July 6 on Summit Road at Haystack Road. The man was found with marijuana and fireworks in his car, following a traffic stop the police report said.
• Police cited a 28-year-old man for drug abuse at 7:36 p.m. July 5 on Summit Road at Cable Road. The man was found with marijuana in his vehicle during a traffic stop, the police report said.