The Pataskala Division of Police is investigating several alleged thefts of election signs opposing the Licking Heights school district's 2.86-mill bond request on the Aug. 5 special-election ballot.
The signs were reported taken from four locations in the city.
Signs were reported taken between 11 a.m. and 2:27 p.m. July 26 from the 11000 block of Cable Road.
Other signs were reported taken between 12:01 a.m. and 7 a.m. July 29 from a home in the 4000 block of Columbia Road and between 9 p.m. July 28 and 9 a.m. July 29 from a home in the 13000 block of Havens Corners Road.
A banner was reported missing at 4:30 p.m. July 29 from a residence in the 14000 block of Morse Road SW.
The banner was taken between midnight and 1 a.m. July 29, according to the police report.
Deputy Police Chief Michael Boals said thefts of elections signs are not new in Pataskala.
"We've always had issues with election signs being stolen," he said. "It seems to happen every election."
In other recent incident reports from the Pataskala Division of Police:
* Police are investigating a report that a dog bit a 29-year-old man at 5:38 p.m. July 26 in the 100 block of Brooksedge Drive.
The man reported a female pit bull entered his yard and began fighting with his pit bull.
In trying to break up the dog fight, the female pit bull bit the man's hand, according to the police report.
The Licking County dog warden was called to retrieve the female pit bull, which had no tags, the report said.
* Police cited a 20-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman for possession of drugs at 8:16 p.m. July 26 on Havens Corners Road at Taylor Road.
The two were found with a bag of marijuana, a glass pipe, rolling papers, a grinder, a pill bottle with marijuana in it and a pen and lighter, according to the police report.
* Police are investigating the reported theft of three different types of prescription drugs -- Vicodin, Tylenol with codeine and Norco -- and $120 between 1 a.m. July 21 and 2 a.m. July 27 from a home in the 100 block of Pat Haven Drive.
* Police cited an 18-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia at 6 a.m. July 27 in Freedom Park at the corner of Taylor and Havens Corners roads.
The two were found with various items and what is suspected to be marijuana, police said.
* Police are investigating a burglary in which a shotgun valued at $300 was reported taken between midnight July 26 and 8 p.m. July 29 from a home in the 200 block of Wesley Drive.
* Police are investigating the theft of $400 between 6 p.m. July 28 and 8:45 p.m. July 29 from a home in the 300 block of Robert Drive.
* Police cited two 16-year-old boys for theft after they were found fleeing from the scene of several reported vehicle break-ins at 2:47 a.m. July 25 on Broadview Court.
The break-ins were reported at 1:30 a.m., police said.