Police, sheriff's reports
Tips help find 9-year-old boy reported missing
A 9-year-old boy was found safe after he was reported missing from his home Nov. 1
Several Union County Sheriff's Office deputies, along with troopers from the Ohio State Highway Patrol and medical personnel from the Liberty Township Fire Department were dispatched to the 24000 block of Davis Road Nov. 1 to help locate the boy.
According to the Union County Sheriff's Office, a "Code Red" alert was sent out to residents in the area, asking for any information or assistance.
Thanks to tips from the public, the child was located at a home in West Mansfield. He was transported to the Memorial Hospital of Union County as a precautionary measure.
Other police and sheriff's office reports included:
*A portable generator was reported stolen from a construction site on North Maple Street.
* A 26-year-old Prospect man was charged with theft and criminal trespass after an employee at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard saw her allegedly steal several items.
* A 42-year-old Marysville man was charged with domestic violence after an altercation with his sister.
* A 41-year-old Marysville man was arrested for allegedly assaulting two females on South Court Street.
* A mailbox was stolen from a residence on East Fourth Street overnight.
* A pair of shoes was reported stolen from a locker at a business on Charles Lane.
* Items were reported stolen from a residence on Advent Court.
* Household items were stolen from a residence on West Seventh Street.
* A 36-year-old Marysville man was charged with menacing after allegedly threatening a friend while he was in the presence of officers.
* An employee at a business on West Fifth Street reported money was missing from the business.
**An employee at a business on South Maple Street reported several pieces of jewelry were stolen from her purse while she was working.
* A wallet was reported stolen from the YMCA on Charles Lane.
* A theft was reported at a business on Square Drive.
* A tractor struck a pole at the intersection of state Route 31 and state Route 739.
* A 2001 Subaru Outback struck a building in the 23000 block of state Route 4.
* Three people were charged with various offenses after the vehicle they were in was stopped in the 25000 block of Stokes Road. A 22-year-old Nelsonville man was cited for driving under suspension. A 24-year-old Perrysburg man was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. A 27-year-old Nelsonville resident was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and permitting an unlicensed driver to drive.ad.
* A 1996 Honda Accord hit a deer on Hyland Croy Road at Park Mill Drive.
* A 2005 Nissan Quest hit a deer in the 23000 block of U.S. route 36.
* Deputies and units from the Marysville Fire Department responded to the 11000 block of state Route 736 on a report that suspicious vehicle was stopped front of a home. A passenger appeared to be unconscious and the driver was reported to be screaming. When deputies arrived, one person was lying in the roadway and the other was standing nearby. A man was transported to a local hospital. A 22-year-old Unionville Center man and a 23-year-old Westerville man were both charged with disorderly conduct.
* An intoxicated juvenile was transported to a local hospital after being found unresponsive and having trouble breathing at a home in the 9000 block of Ketch Road.
* A 2004 Ford Windstar hit a deer on U.S. Route 33 at milepost 14.
* A 2012 Chevy Impala hit a deer in the area of Grindell and Wallace roads.
* A 2009 Pontiac Vibe hit a deer near state Route 31 and Martin Welch Road.
* Employees at a business in the 7000 block of Commerce Place reported scrap metal valued at $300 was stolen from a bin. .
* A resident in the 13000 block of Hinton Mill Road reported approximately $1,000 in cash was stolen from an unlocked truck.
* A 1999 Green Ford Taurus hit the back end of a 1997 Silver Honda Civic that was stopped to make a turn at the Village Mart on U.S. 42. A 24-year-old Plain City man was cited for assured clear distance ahead and speed excessive for conditions.
* A 22-year-old Richwood woman was cited for failure to control after the vehicle she was driving hit a mailboxin the 21000 block of Wolford Maskill Road, drove through a field and then left the scene. .
* Tools were reported taken from a barn in the 13000 block of U.S. Route 36.
* A white 1994 Buick hit a green 2000 Volvo car hauler in the area of state Route 31 and Patrick Brush Run Road. The driver of the Buick had left the scene by the time units arrived.
* A 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser hit a deer in the area of state Route 347 and the railroad crossing.
* A Marlin Brown .22 semiautomatic rifle and a High Standard Black .22 semiautomatic pistol were reported stolen from a barn in the 24000 block of Storms Road.