Businesses report employees committed thefts
Marysville police are investigating several reports of employees stealing from the businesses where they are employed.
A representative of a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported Nov. 21 that a worker had committed a theft.
In a separate incident, a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported Nov. 27 an employee had stolen $189.20 worth of merchandise. Also on Nov. 27, a representative of a business on Allenby Drive reported an employee had taken an undisclosed amount of money.
In other police reports:
* A 31-year-old Marysville man was charged with domestic violence after a physical altercation with his mother.
* An employee at a business on Clymer Road reported someone attempted to break into a work truck.
* Police received a complaint that a 12-year-old boy was throwing rocks and sticks at other children.
* A 25-year-old West Liberty man was arrested for assault after allegedly he punched another man at a business on state Route 31.
* A 28-year-old Marysville man and a 59-year-old Marysville man were both charged with disorderly conduct after an altercation at a business on Square Drive.
* A West Fifth Street resident reported that her apartment had been burglarized.
* A 25-year-old Middletown woman was arrested for assaulting her brother's girlfriend.
* A 26-year-old Middletown man was arrested for violating a protection order.
* A purse was stolen from a shopping cart at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A 20-year-old Marysville woman was charged with disorderly conduct after she was observed breaking dishes in the parking lot of the apartment complex.
* An employee at a business on West Fifth Street reported she received a counterfeit bill.
* An 18-year-old Marysville woman was charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A resident on Quail Hollow Drive North reported a handgun was mistakenly left in a bag of clothing that was donated to AMVETS.
* A 20-year-old Marysville woman was charged with assaulting her caregiver.
* A 37-year-old Marysville man was charged with theft for allegedly taking items from a business on East Eighth Street.
A resident of Dogwood Drive reported medication was stolen from his vehicle.
* A resident of Northcrest Drive reported his home was broken into and several items were stolen.
* A Marysville man, 22, was cited for failing to maintain assured clear distance ahead after the Honda he was driving hit the back of a Chrysler PTCruiser in the 19000 block of state Route 4.
* A 1999 Nissan Altima and a 2010 Honda Ridgeline were involved in an accident in the 21000 block of state Route 347.
* A 22-year-old Galloway woman was cited for operating a motor vehicle without due regard after the vehicle she was driving struck the rear of another vehicle in the area of state Route 161 and Cosgray Road.
* A South Mill Street resident in Milford Center reported the theft of approximately 100 DVDs.
* A 2007 Ford Fusion hit a deer in the 23000 block of state Route 347 in West Mansfield.
* Deputies and a medic from the Marysville Fire Department were dispatched to the 13000 block of Watkins Road after the sheriff's office received a report that a man had fallen down on the side of the road, then got up and staggered away. He said he had been assaulted by another man at a residence nearby. He was transported to the Union County Memorial Hospital for treatment of minor facial injuries. An investigation is pending.
* Deputies were in the 11000 block of U.S. Route 36 attempting to locate a 37-year-old man on an outstanding warrant when a resident reported seeing him in a cornfield. He was eventually located and arrested on the warrant and transported to the Union County Sheriff's Office.
* A 1992 Harley Davidson motorcycle parked on South Mill Street in Milford Center was hit by another vehicle that then left the scene.
* A 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer hit a deer on U.S. Route 33 near mile marker 25.
* A vehicle traveling in the 23000 block of state Route 31 was damaged when something struck the windshield. The unknown item appeared to have come out of a passing horse trailer being pulled by a 2001 Ford truck.
* A resident in the 13000 block of Watkins Road reported receiving unwanted phone messages from a person the resident knows.
* A 22-year-old Delaware man was arrested for OVI.
* A 2007 Chrysler Sebring and a 1998 Plymouth Breeze were involved in an accident in the area of state Route 736 and Fladt Road.
* A 47-year-old Marysville man was arrested in the 10000 block of Industrial Parkway for domestic violence and aggravated menacing. He was transported to the Tri County Jail.
* A 2005 Ford F-150 hit a deer and a mailbox in the 21000 block of Bear Swamp Road.
* A 52-year-old Marion woman was cited for failure to control after the truck she was driving hit a car in the area of U.S. Route 33 and state Route 4.
* A 2010 Honda Odyssey hit a deer in the area of state Route 245 and Paver Barnes Road.
* A 2005 Acura hit a deer on state Route 739 near Johnson Road.
* Videogame consoles, televisions, jewelry and clothing were reported stolen from a shed that on Rose Street in Magnetic Springs.