Thefts keep police, sheriff busy
* A resident on West Third Street reported that his wallet was stolen from an unlocked vehicle sometime between Jan. 8 and Jan. 9.
* A resident on Mill Park Boulevard reported two tires on two vehicles had been slashed overnight.
* A 21-year-old Quincy woman was arrested after stealing computer equipment from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* An employee in the 500 block of London Avenue reported she was assaulted by a client.
* A business on West Fifth Street reported they were robbed of several hundreds of dollars.
* A resident on Milcrest Drive reported a shed on the property was damaged by unknown persons.
* A business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported that known persons left the restaurant without paying their bill.
* A business on Industrial Parkway reported several storage units were forcibly entered and damaged sometime between Jan. 12 and Jan. 14.
* A resident of Milford Center reported several items were taken from her storage unit on Allenby Drive sometime between Jan. 7 and Jan. 14.
* An 18-year-old Marysville man was arrested after stealing several items from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A resident on Linden Street reported a theft of medication.
Union County Sheriff
* A 1997 Honda Accord lost control and struck a road sign at the intersection of Hickory Ridge Road and Ketch Road. A 33-year-old Plain City man was issued a traffic citation for failure to control and driving under suspension.
* A deputy met with a victim at the Sheriff's Office who reported the theft of her wallet. The theft occurred while she was staying at a residence in the 11000 block of Hinton Mill Road. The wallet contained cash, identification cards and credit cards.
* A resident in the 9300 block of Mitchell Dewitt Road reported the theft of jewelry, prescription medication, a rifle, a television, rare coins and a DVD player.
* A 2002 Honda Accord hit a deer on state Route 347 near Storms Road.
* A resident in the 29000 block of Benedict Road reported a burglary. Items stolen include a 55-inch television, a Sony Play Station II, a Sony Play Station III and miscellaneous games.
* During a traffic stop on US Route 33 in Jerome Township involving a 2006 Buick Regal, a deputy located marijuana in the vehicle with the assistance of a K9 and handler from the Delaware County Sheriff's Office. The driver, an 18-year-old Columbus man, was charged with possession of marijuana and driving with an expired driver's license.
* A resident in the 10000 block of Jerome Road reported the rear window of a 2005 Mercury Mariner had been broken out while it was parked in the driveway.
* The owner of a business in the 7000 block of Industrial Parkway got into a dispute with customers. During the investigation, deputies seized drug paraphernalia from one of the parties involved.
* Deputies were dispatched to the 22000 block of North Darby Coe Road to investigate two males in a 1991 Chevrolet truck that were destroying mailboxes in the area. One of the victims followed the suspects until deputies were able to stop the vehicle at the intersection of state Route 736 and Scottslawn Road. Two 16-year-old juveniles were arrested and transported to the Central Ohio Youth Center.
* A 2002 Chevrolet Tracker struck a guardrail in the 22000 block of state Route 347. A 25-year-old Lakeview woman was issued a traffic citation for failure to control.
* A resident in the 9300 block of state route 736 reported the theft of two diamond rings and a pair of boots.
* Deputies responded to a property in the 19000 block of Orchard Road to investigate a shooting complaint and a bullet hole found in the complainant's barn. The shooting had stopped prior to the deputy's arrival.
* The Union County Engineers Office was notified of a theft of a stop sign at the railroad crossing on Paver Barnes Road.
* A 1999 Ford F-150 pickup truck struck a fence and a utility pole in the 10000 block of US Route 36.
* A 50-year-old Marysville woman was arrested for domestic violence after a dispute with her husband in the 20000 block of Raymond Road and transported to the Tri County Regional Jail.
* A resident in the 15000 block of Fish Road reported possible possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia.
* The theft of copper cable from storage trailers was reported at a business in the 14000 block of US Route 36.
* A 2012 Chevrolet Impala and a 2000 Volvo semi were involved in an accident at the intersection of US Route 33 and Scottslawn Road.
* A 1998 Chevrolet truck hit a deer on US Route 36 east of New Dover.