Police, sheriff's reports
Students at bus stop report suspicious photographer
Two students at Creekview Intermediate School reported Jan. 30 someone was taking pictures of them while they were at the bus stop on East Sixth Street, between Oak and Walnut streets.
In other police reports:
* A 43-year-old Milford Center woman was arrested for possession of drugs Jan. 30 during a traffic stop on East Fifth Street at Walnut Street.
* A Union County Agricultural Society member reported Jan. 31 door handles at the office building at the fairgrounds were damaged.
* Two 18-year-old women from Irwin were arrested Jan. 31 for shoplifting at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A 49-year-old Marion man was arrested and charged with theft Feb. 1 from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A 32-year-old Marion man was arrested and charged with theft Feb. 2 from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A 20-year-old Marysville man was charged with OVI, open container, possession of drug paraphernalia and underage consumption of alcohol Feb. 2.
* A 20-year-old Plain City man was arrested Feb. 2 for disorderly conduct and underage consumption of alcohol.
* A resident on West Third Street reported Feb. 3 being assaulted by a neighbor.
* A theft was reported Feb. 3 from a business on Square Drive.
* A 2002 GMC Envoy struck a guide wire Jan. 30 in the median on U.S. Route 33 near Post Road after the driver lost control of the vehicle.
* A 39-year-old Columbus woman was cited for failure to control Jan. 30 after the 2006 Chrysler 300 she was driving struck a guardrail at the intersection of Industrial Parkway and Beecher Gamble Road.
* A 26-year-old Marysville man was cited for failure to control Jan. 31 after the 2009 Chevrolet van he was driving hit a utility pole in the 11000 block of state Route 347. The Ohio Department of Transportation closed the road for several hours to allow a utility company to repair the damaged pole and power lines.
* Representatives of a company in the 6000 block of state Route 161 reported Jan. 31 that approximately $3,000 had been stolen over the past year.
* Deputies are still investigating a Jan. 31 accident involving a 2000 Chevrolet Tracker and a 1995 Saturn SL in the 14000 block of state Route 161. Several people were transported to local hospitals. In addition to deputies, units from the Jerome Township, Marysville Allen Township, Pleasant Valley and Washington Township fire departments responded to the scene.
* A 29-year-old Marysville man was cited Feb. 1 for failure to control after the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am he was driving went into a ditch and struck a traffic sign in the area of U.S. Route 33.
* Employees at a business in the 8000 block of Industrial Parkway reported the theft of 10 pallets Feb. 1.
* Numerous items of jewelry, several televisions and a hunting bow were reported stolen Feb. 1 from a residence in the 8000 block of state Route 736.
* A 39-year-old Richwood man was arrested Feb. 1 on an outstanding warrant after a traffic stop on East Blagrove Street in Richmond. He was also charged with possession of marijuana and transported to the Tri County Jail.
* A 17-year-old juvenile from Orlando, Fla., was charged with OVI Feb. 1 after a traffic stop on Northwest Parkway at Cradler Turner Road.
* Two handguns were reported stolen Feb. 2 from a residence in the 15000 block of Snyder Road.
* A 2004 Toyota Camry struck the snow plow of a 2000 International dump truck Feb. 2 on state Route 736 near Kandel Road.
* A 1992 Buick slid into the path of a 1998 Ford truck in the 9000 block of Mojave Circle Feb. 2.
* A 24-year-old West Liberty man was charged with OVI Feb. 3 after a traffic stop on Collins Avenue at state Route 4. He was transported to the Union County Sheriff's Office and later released.
* One person died and a second was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County after a 2004 Honda Civic struck a utility pole on Hopewell Road Feb. 3. Deputies and units from the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the Leesburg Township Fire Department and the Northern Union County Fire and EMS District responded to the scene.
* A 24-year-old Kenton man was charged with OVI Feb. 4 and transported to the Tri County Jail after the 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche he was driving hit a telephone pole at state routes 31 and 47.
* A 31-year-old Galion man was charged with theft Feb. 4 and transported to Union County Sheriff's Office after deputies and Dublin police officers responded to an alarm at a business in the 7600 block of Commerce Place.
* A juvenile was cited for failure to control Feb. 5 after the Chrysler sedan he was driving went off the road and hit a rock on Hagenderfer Road near Durbin Road.
* A 2005 Chevrolet van hit a deer on state Route 739 near state Route 37 Feb. 5.
* A 33-year-old Columbus woman was cited for passing at an intersection Feb. 6 after the Volkswagen she was driving hit another vehicle on state Route 4 at Hillview Road.