Three accidents, 3 citations for failure to control
Deputies from the Union County Sheriff’s Office cited three people for failure to control in three separate accidents March 18.
In the first, a 55-year-old Marion man was cited for failure to control after the 2006 Chevy truck he was driving went off the road and struck a fence in the 21000 block of state Route 4.
A 20-year-old Broadway man was also cited after the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am he was driving went off the road and hit a tree in the 20000 block of state Route 347.
In the third incident, a 37-year-old Marysville man was cited after a deputy and units from the Allen Township and Marysville fire departments responded to the 14000 block of Maple Ridge Road where a 2000 Pontiac Montana had gone off the road and struck a utility pole.
In other sheriff's reports:
• A 2008 Hyundai Sonata drove off the road and into a ditch March 13 on state Route 739 near Titus Road.
• A deputy and units from the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Leesburg Township Fire Department and Marysville Fire Department responded March 13 to state Route 347 near state Route 37 for a vehicle rollover accident. The Ohio State Highway Patrol handled the accident investigation.
• A 2013 Lexus LX drove off the road and into a ditch March 13 in the 8700 block of Mitchell Dewitt Road.
• A resident in the 12000 block of Adelsberger Road reported March 15 someone had used his Social Security number to file a tax return with the Internal Revenue Service.
• A German shepherd-Husky puppy was reported stolen March 15 from a residence in the 26000 block of state Route 4. The puppy is valued at $1,000.
• A resident on Center Street in Milford Center reported damage to a mailbox March 16.
• A 43-year-old Magnetic Springs woman was cited for failure to control March 19 after a 1995 Jeep Cherokee she was driving struck a utility pole in the 11000 block of state Route 347.
• Employees at a business in the 24000 block of Honda Parkway reported the theft of a credit card March 19. Approximately $400 worth of unauthorized charges had been made using the card.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered March 13 on West Eighth Street.
• A resident of West Third Street reported her wallet was stolen March 13 while she was at a business on Chestnut Street.
• Employees at a business on Coleman’s Crossing Boulevard reported two females were stealing items from the store March 14.
• A 44-year-old Virginia man was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct March 15. Police reports said he was intoxicated and refused to leave a business on Square Drive.
• An amethyst ring was reported stolen March 16 from a resident of Watkins Glen Court.
• A resident of Allenby Drive reported March 17 that a friend stole several items from her home.
• The owner of a business on East Fifth Street reported March 17 someone is getting into the store and stealing cash.
• A resident of Windsor Court reported March 17 he was assaulted by a male acquaintance.
• A resident of West Third Street reported March 18 that items were stolen from her boyfriend’s vehicle.
• An employee at a business on Coleman’s Crossing Boulevard reported March 18 that a customer had pawned a leased computer.
• A 31-year-old Marysville man was charged with possession of drugs March 18 after marijuana was found in his vehicle on Milford Avenue.