Marysville: Jewelry, electronics stolen from two homes
Burglaries at two Union County homes netted thieves more than $15,000 worth of jewelry and electronics.
The Union County Sheriff's Office received both reports April 15. In the first, a resident in the 30000 block of Woods Road reported several items of jewelry worth approximately $9,450 had been stolen from the house.
In the second incident, a resident in the 14000 block of state Route 739 reported a number of items were stolen from his home, including a laptop computer, jewelry, an iPod, a camera and PlayStation games. The total value of the items was listed as $6,850.
In other sheriff's reports:
* A 66-year-old Milford Center man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead April 10 after the 2012 Honda Civic he was driving hit a "road closed" barricade on Middleburg Plain City Road, east of Milford Center.
* Deputies charged a 21-year-old Marysville man with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia April 11 after finding the items in his vehicle during a traffic stop in the 17000 block of Wheeler Green Road.
* Deputies and units from the Northern Union County Fire and EMS District and the Leesburg Township Fire Department were called to a home in the 24000 block of state Route 4 April 12 on a report of an unruly juvenile. The juvenile was taken into custody and transported to the Central Ohio Youth Center.
* A 30-year-old Marysville man was arrested for OVI April 13 after a traffic stop at Watkins Road and state Route 36.
* A deputy was called to Fairbanks High School April 15 after a juvenile was found with drugs. The juvenile was arrested and taken to the Central Ohio Youth Center.
* Deputies checking a report of a vehicle in the ditch on Miller Road near Grindell Road found an intoxicated driver April 16. A 38-year-old West Mansfield man was arrested for OVI.
* A 23-year-old Marysville woman was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead April 16 after the 2010 Honda she was driving hit the rear of a 2003 Dodge that was waiting to make a turn on state Route 4 near Amrine Woods Road.
* Employees at a business on South Walnut Street reported a customer's vehicle was damaged April 11 after a gate was blown into it.
* A resident of Wilderness Place reported April 11 her daughter's cell phone was stolen at Marysville High School.
* Employees from a construction company doing work on South Main Street reported a piece of surveying equipment had been stolen April 11.
* An 18-year-old Marysville man was arrested and charged with assault after an argument that occurred on County Home Road April 11.
* A 17-year-old girl was arrested on West Fifth Street on a probation violation warrant April 13 and transported to the Central Ohio Youth Center.