Marysville: Officers raid home, seize marijuana plants
Acting on information received as a result of a domestic violence investigation, a joint tactical team of officers from the Union County Sheriff's Office and Marysville Police Department raided a residence in the 21000 block of state Route 245 at approximately 1 p.m. May 6.
A search of the residence revealed a room in the basement where marijuana plants were being cultivated. Thirteen plants were seized, as was growing equipment. The total weight of the plants was 453.4 grams, police reports said.
William Cardine, 33, was charged with one count of illegal cultivation of marijuana, a felony of the fifth degree.
In other police reports:
* Officers found a 51-year-old Marysville man slumped behind the wheel of a vehicle at a business on West Fifth Street at 10:58 p.m. May 7. He was charged with OVI.
* Police are investigating three reports involving the unauthorized use of credit cards.
Just before 1 p.m. May 2, a Wedgewood Drive resident reported unauthorized purchases made to his credit card account.
At approximately 11 a.m. May 7, an employee at a business on South Plum Street reported that several items, including a credit card, had been stolen from her purse. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that a number of unauthorized purchases had been made with the credit card at local businesses.
Also on May 7, at approximately 7:45 p.m., a resident of Fairwood Drive reported an unauthorized purchase had been made to her credit card account.
* Police determined that a vehicle found wrecked and abandoned on state Route 347 at 6 a.m. May 4 had been stolen from Milford Avenue.
* An 18-year-old Plain City man was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 7:38 p.m. May 5 on U.S. route 33 near U.S. Route 36.
* Deputies are investigating two reports of mail theft.
One was reported at 12:15 p.m. May 2 at a home in the 11000 block of Santa Barbara Drive. The second was reported at 10:20 a.m. May 3 at a residence in the 15000 block of Valleyview Drive.
* Four speed limit signs owned by the Union County Engineer's Office were reported stolen at 9:47 a.m. May 2.
* A 20-year-old Marysville man and a 22-year-old Tennessee man were caught in the act of spray painting the bridge on Maple Street at 5:40 p.m. May 6. Both were charged with criminal mischief.
* A wallet and a digital camera were reported stolen from a vehicle parked at a residence in 6000 block of El Camino Drive at 6:50 p.m. May 2.
* Cabinets and counter tops were reported stolen May 6 from a house under construction in the 9500 block of Persimmon Place.