Marysville: Rite Aid building damaged after car crashes into it
The Rite Aid pharmacy, 800 Delaware Ave., sustained heavy damage May 11 when the building was hit by a vehicle driven by a 22-year-old man.
Police said a black Dodge Charger was eastbound on Fourth Street at 1:30 a.m. May 11 when it crossed Cherry Street and crashed into the Rite Aid building. The vehicle also sustained heavy damage.
The driver was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County for treatment. Charges are pending while police await toxicology results, which will take a few weeks.
In other Marysville police reports:
* Shortly after 11 p.m. May 10, a 33-year-old Marysville woman was charged with OVI after someone reported seeing her drinking in a vehicle at a business on North Cherry Street.
* A resident of Redwood Drive reported at 12:33 p.m. May 9 that medication had been stolen from his home.
* Lawn and garden equipment were reported stolen at 9:26 a.m. May 10 from a business on U.S. Route 36.
* A resident of West Third Street told police at 6:11 p.m. May 13 that her lawn mower had been stolen.
* Employees at a business on South Main Street reported the theft of a computer at 12:19 p.m. May 9.
* An iPod was reported stolen from a resident on West Third Street at 2:34 p.m. May 9.
* An employee at a business on North Main Street reported her purse and groceries were stolen at 5:11 p.m. May 9.
* A resident of Fawnbrook Drive reported at 5:03 p.m. May 14 that a cellphone and a computer tablet were taken from his vehicle on May 11.
* A resident of Windmill Drive reported at 10:27 a.m. May 10 that medical equipment had been stolen from his unlocked vehicle and the vehicle was damaged sometime in the last two weeks.
* A 17-year-old boy was charged with unauthorized use of motor vehicle at 3:43 a.m. May 12 after the vehicle he was driving crashed on Woodcrest Drive.
* Marysville police charged two with possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia at 9:52 p.m. May 10 at a park on Mill Wood Boulevard.
* At 10:58 p.m. May 10, an employee at a business on South Plum Street reported her vehicle had been written on by an unknown person. Further investigation revealed that several other vehicles in the area had been vandalized in the same fashion.
* A resident of Saffron Drive reported at 8:41 a.m. May 9 that several unauthorized and out-of-state purchases had been made to his credit card accounts. A resident of Rainbow Drive told police a credit card had been opened in her name by someone she doesn't know May 10.
* At 4:30 p.m. May 12, a resident of North Court Street reported some of her personal checks had been used without her permission.
* Approximately $3,060 worth of items were reported stolen at 10:13 a.m. May 13 from a house in the 33000 block of Carter Road. The missing items include an antique butter churn and a fiberglass ladder.
* Thieves took $1,212 worth of tools from a residence in the 20000 block of Shirk Road at 8:52 p.m. May 10.
* Computer parts and a television were reported stolen at 1:49 p.m. May 13 from a home in the 9700 block of state Route 38.
* The Union County Sheriff's Office received a report at 2:08 p.m. May 12 that signs and chains at the bridge on Buck Run Road had been damaged.
* A Dublin school bus traveling in the 8700 block of Mitchell Dewitt Road the morning of May 13 was hit from behind by a 2004 Toyota Sienna driven by a 46-year-old Plain City woman. There was one student on the bus at the time; there were no injuries. The driver of the Toyota was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance.
* Two vehicles hit the same utility pole in separate accidents May 9.
Deputies were called to the state Route 4 south exit to U.S. Route 33 at 1:18 a.m. May 9 after a 2000 Pontiac sedan driven by a 64-year-old Marion man hit the pole and knocked it down. He was cited for failure to control.
A second accident occurred when a 2011 Honda CRV then struck the utility pole, which was lying in the road.
* At 7:08 p.m. May 10, deputies and an officer from Plain City responded to the 8200 block of state Route 736 to investigate a rollover crash involving a black 1999 Ford ZX2. The juvenile driver was cited for failure to control.