Two teenage girls were unhurt when the 2000 Volkswagen they were in caught fire at 4:45 p.m. May 25 on Hyland Croy Road near Park Mill Road.
A deputy from the Union County Sheriff's Office and units from the Jerome Township Fire Department responded to the scene. According to the Union County Sheriff's Office, the incident is still under investigation, but it appears the blaze started in the car's air conditioning unit.
In other sheriff's reports:
* Two vehicles hit deer in two separate accidents. The first occurred at 6:11 a.m. May 23 in the area of U.S. Route 33 and state Route 245. The second accident happened at 9:04 p.m. May 27 in the 26000 block of state Route 37.
* A 37-year-old West Mansfield man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead after the 2001 Dodge truck he was driving hit the back of a 2004 Honda sedan at 4:32 p.m. May 28 in the 20000 block of Northwest Parkway.
* A 53-year-old man from Groveland, Fla., was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead at 6:36 p.m. May 29 after the 2001 Ford F-350 he was driving hit a 1997 Ford Windstar at the intersection of North Mill and West State streets in Milford Center.
* Deputies and units from the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the Jerome Township Fire Department and Pleasant Valley Fire District responded to Industrial Parkway near the intersection of Mitchell Dewitt Road at 10:30 a.m. May 29 to investigate an accident involving a 2001 BMW and a 1993 Honda Accord.
One person was transported to Riverside Methodist Hospital and another was transported to Dublin Methodist Hospital for treatment.
* A 38-year-old Marysville man was arrested for OVI and cited for failure to drive in marked lanes at 11:32 a.m. May 25 in the area of U.S. Route 42 and Industrial Parkway.
* A residence, a vehicle and a trailer on Rose Street in Magnetic Springs were sprayed with paint at 5:07 a.m. May 23. A paint can was recovered from a dumpster.
* A motorcycle license plate was reported stolen at 10:52 a.m. May 26 from a residence in the 12000 block of Bell Road.
* An antique plow was reported stolen at 12:58 a.m. May 29 from a residence in the 14000 block of Bellepoint Road.
* A 31-year-old Richwood man was arrested for domestic violence and transported to the Tri-County Regional Jail after sheriff's deputies and an officer from the Richwood Police Department were called to a home in the 13000 block of state Route 47 at 11:47 a.m. May 28.
* Marysville police made two arrests May 22 for possession of drug paraphernalia. At 10:19 a.m., a 22-year-old Marysville man was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop on U.S. Route 33.
Shortly before 12:30 p.m., a 23-year-old Marysville man was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop on East Fifth Street.
* A tree service worker forgot to lower the boom on his truck and it caught on fiber optic and telephone cables, tearing them down. The incident occurred at 12:10 p.m. May 24 after the truck left a city facility on North Maple Street.
* A resident of Gallop Lane reported at 8 a.m. May 24 that two large planters had been stolen from the front of her house.
* Shortly after noon May 27, flower pots were overturned at East Fifth and South Main streets. Plants were torn out of one of the containers, police reports said.
* Two boys, ages 14 and 16, were charged with criminal mischief and curfew violations at 1 a.m. May 27 after they alleg-edly threw eggs at a vehicle and house on Springwood Lane.
In a separate incident May 27, three other teens, ages 15, 16 and 18, were charged with underage consumption after police were advised at 5 a.m. that an underage party was going on at a home in the 500 block of Quail Hollow Drive North.