Marysville: $2,600 worth of jewelry, electronics reported stolen
The Union County Sheriff's Office is investigating several thefts.
Approximately $2,600 worth of jewelry and electronics were reported stolen from an apartment on West Magnetic Street in Magnetic Springs June 1. A deputy was called to the residence shortly after 8 a.m.
A resident in the 19000 block of state Route 245 reported at 5:12 p.m. May 20 a safe and $800 were stolen.
A deputy responded to a residence on Park Street in Magnetic Springs at 4:41 p.m. June 1 to investigate the theft of $80 in cash.
Employees at a business in the 7000 block of Industrial Parkway reported at 12:15 p.m. June 3 an unspecified amount of money was missing from the cash register.
In other Union County Sheriff's Office reports:
* Copper ground wires were stolen from the area of County Home Road and Whitestone Road on the morning of June 4.
* On June 2 at 8:02 p.m. a deputy and units from the Allen Township Fire Department and the Ohio State Highway Patrol responded to an injury accident on Allen Center Road near Holy Cross Epps Road involving a motorcycle. One person was transported by MedFlight to Grant Medical Center.
* The sheriff's office responded to a residence in the 21000 block of state Route 739 at 1:21 a.m. May 30 to investigate a hit-skip accident. A vehicle went off the road and hit a telephone junction box and shrubs before leaving the scene.
* A truck hit one of Union County's covered bridges June 5. A 2004 Ford F-150 hit the inside of the bridge on Inskeep Cratty Road near state Route 245 around 4 p.m.
* A driver trying to avoid hitting a deer crashed his car into a yard in the 7000 block of Wells Road at 12:21 a.m. June 3. The 25-year-old Dublin man was cited for driving with an expired license.
* A deputy and medics from the Jerome Township and Washington Township fire departments responded to the 8000 block of Mitchell Dewitt Road at 9:30 a.m. June 4 after a bicyclist hit a mailbox.
* At 2:55 p.m. June 2, a deputy responded to the 30000 block of Phelps Road for a dispute between neighbors involving a dog running loose. A 60-year-old West Mansfield woman was cited for failure to confine a dog.
* A deputy investigating a littering complaint at 4:35 p.m. June 3 found six kegs of beer that had been left on property in the 8000 block of Wells Road.
* A Marysville man, 23, was arrested at 2:45 p.m. June 1 outside a business on West Fifth Street and charged with abusing harmful intoxicants.
* A resident of Windmill Drive reported that money and medication were stolen from her home May 31.
* Prescription medication, money, and a wallet were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle on Coventry Place at 10:46 a.m. June 3.
* At 5:03 p.m. May 30, employees at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported two automobile tires were stolen.
* Several bags of mulch were reported stolen from a business on West Fifth Street at 2:08 p.m. June 2.
* Employees at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported receiving payment in counterfeit money at 4:55 p.m. May 30.
* A 46-year-old Dublin man was charged with OVI at 7:25 p.m. May 31 after he was found slumped over the wheel of his vehicle while on Tarragon Drive.
* A 23-year-old Plain City man found sleeping in the grass on Cottage Street at 3:41 a.m. May 31 was charged with disorderly conduct.
* An Aspen Drive resident reported at 4:15 p.m. June 3 that her 9-year-old daughter was shot in the foot by a young man with BB gun.