Marysville: Traffic stops net underage consumption charges
Marysville police charged several young people with underage consumption July 6.
In the first incident, July 6, a 19-year-old Marysville man was charged at 2:29 a.m. during a traffic stop on South Walnut Street. A juvenile was charged with curfew violation.
A 20-year-old Bellefontaine man was charged with underage consumption at 7:30 p.m. July 6 and three juveniles were also charged with underage consumption during a traffic stop on North Maple Street at Taylor Avenue. Marijuana was also found in the vehicle, police reports said.
In other Marysville police reports:
* A juvenile was charged with juvenile tobacco use at a park on East Ninth Street at 5:46 p.m. July 5.
* A 17-year-old boy was charged with possession of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia in Mill Park at 11:15 p.m. July 6.
* An air-conditioning unit was reported stolen from a rental property on Creekview Drive at 5:45 p.m. July 8. It had been replaced with a different unit.
* A resident of Grove Street reported at 1:57 p.m. July 6 he was the victim of identity theft after discovering credit cards had been opened in his name without his permission.
* A purse was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle on West Eighth Street at 9:09 p.m. July 8.
* An Allenby Drive resident reported at 1:31 p.m. July 9 her wallet was stolen while she was at a business on East Fifth Street.
* Employees at a business on Echo Drive reported theft by deception at 6 p.m. July 9 after discovering money was unknowingly transferred from one account to another without permission.
* A 51-year-old Marysville man was charged with driving under suspension at 8:53 p.m. July 4 during a traffic stop on Milford Avenue.
* Car paint was used to write an obscene note on a cargo van on Columbus Avenue July 8. It was reported to police at 10:47 a.m.
* At 2:08 p.m. July 5, a resident in the 12000 block of Swartz Road reported three guns and an air compressor had been stolen.
* A resident in the 15000 block of Boundary Road reported the theft of a gun at 4:53 p.m. July 6. While investigating, a 34-year-old Bellefontaine man was taken into custody on unrelated outstanding warrants from the Union County Sheriff's Office and the Bellefontaine Police Department. He was transported to the Tri County Regional Jail.
* A motorcycle key and a gun were reported stolen at 7:51 p.m. July 10 from a home in the 7000 block of Wells Road.
* A resident in the 30000 block of Happy Lane reported the theft of scrap metal at 2:37 p.m. July 6.
* Shortly after 8 p.m. July 7, two silver bars were reported stolen from a residence in the 18000 block of state Route 47.
* A resident in the 12000 block of Hinton Mill Road reported the theft of a television at 4:26 p.m. July 9.
* A resident in the 27000 block of state Route 4 reported theft of a tractor battery at 9:54 a.m. July 10.
* Deputies and an officer from the Richwood Police Department responded to a residence on North Main Street in Magnetic Springs at 4:05 p.m. July 5 to investigate report of assault. A 26-year-old Dayton woman was arrested for assault and transported to the Union County Sheriff's Office. She was released after posting bond.
* A 52-year-old Plain City man was arrested for OVI at 2:51 a.m. July 6 after a traffic stop on East Sixth Street near South Walnut Street.