Marysville: Police investigate thefts from local businesses
Marysville police are investigating several thefts that were reported last week.
Employees at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported the theft of merchandise at 1:42 p.m. Aug. 22.
Employees at a business on South Maple Street reported at 2:01 a.m. Aug. 25 someone forced entry and stole merchandise.
An 18-year-old Richwood woman was arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 5:23 p.m. Aug. 26.
A 38-year-old Plain City woman was charged with theft at 5:25 p.m. Aug. 23 after she allegedly attempted to take merchandise without paying for it from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
In other police reports:
* A 30-year-old Mount Sterling man was charged with drug abuse during a traffic stop on U.S. Route 33 at 12:24 p.m. Aug. 22. At 2:53 p.m. Aug. 23, a 23-year-old Troy man was charged with drug abuse during a traffic stop on state Route 4.
* An air compressor was reported stolen from a garage on Mill Park Drive at 4:27 p.m. Aug. 26.
* A 24-year-old Marysville man was charged with assault at 9:41 p.m. Aug. 22 following an incident on London Avenue.
* A 31-year-old Marysville man was charged with obstruction at 7:12 p.m. Aug. 23 following an incident on Delaware Avenue.
* A 21-year-old Marysville man and a 26-year-old Marysville man were each charged with disorderly conduct at 10:10 p.m. Aug. 24 following an altercation on Northcrest Drive. The 26-year-old was also arrested on a warrant issued in Champaign County.
* Two Lima residents, ages 19 and 27, were arrested on Poppy Lane at 6:12 p.m. Aug. 24 and charged with soliciting without a permit.
Union County Sheriff's Office
* Employees at a business in the 13000 block of U.S. Route 36 reported the theft of approximately $3,880 in cash at 4:03 p.m. Aug. 26.
* A 19-year-old Dublin man was cited for failure to control a motor vehicle at 12:50 p.m. Aug. 23 after the dump truck he was driving rolled on its side on McKitrick Road near Mitchell Dewitt Road.
* A 29-year-old Prospect man was arrested for domestic violence at 6:14 p.m. Aug. 23 at a residence in the 27000 block of state Route 4. He was transported to the Tri County Regional Jail.
* A 32-year-old West Mansfield man was arrested for domestic violence and transported to the Tri County Regional Jail at 8:25 p.m. Aug. 25. Deputies arrested the man after investigating a domestic dispute at a residence in the 21000 block of Evans Road.
* An 18-year-old Bellefontaine woman and a 20-year-old Springfield man were both charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 2:08 a.m. Aug. 24. According to sheriff's reports, a deputy found the items in their vehicle after a traffic stop on Lydia Drive near Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.