A Marysville woman was killed Sept. 5 when the bicycle she was riding west in the 13000 block of County Home Road was hit by a westbound car. Union County sheriff's deputies, the Marysville Fire Department and the Ohio State Highway Patrol responded to the scene at 11:46 a.m. Sept. 5.
The woman, identified as Martha K. Shaw, 57, was wearing a helmet. She was taken to Memorial Hospital, where she died.
The driver of the car was not injured. The accident, which occurred between Easton and White Stone roads near Mount Herman Cemetery, is still under investigation.
In other sheriff's reports:
* While attempting to turn around in a parking lot in the 24000 block of Honda Parkway at 1:31 a.m. Sept. 4, a freight truck struck a parked van. A 35-year-old Bellefontaine woman was cited for failure to control.
* A Honda Civic drove off the roadway and struck a utility pole in the 15000 block of Bellepoint Road at 4:49 a.m. Sept. 7. Deputies located the vehicle at a residence on Mills Road in Delaware County. A 33-year-old Galena woman was cited for failure to control a motor vehicle.
* As a result of a traffic stop at 8:18 p.m. Sept. 7 on Cranberry Drive, a deputy arrested a 50-year-old Dublin man for OVI.
* Deputies were dispatched to U.S. Route 42 near Currier Road at 2:31 a.m. Sept. 6 to investigate a complaint about a vehicle that was operating erratically. The vehicle was stopped and a 44-year-old Galloway woman was arrested for OVI.
* A $1,300 flatbed trailer was reported stolen at 10:08 a.m. Sept. 8 from the 18000 block of Collins Road.
* A theft was reported at 4:13 p.m. Sept. 4 from a property in the 22000 block of state Route 161. Items missing included a portable DVD player, several pieces of jewelry, digital camera, laptop computer, GPS unit, and a credit card.
* A resident in the 7600 block of Currier Road reported the theft of copper pipes at 5:18 p.m. Sept. 9.
* Employees at a business in the 7600 block of Commerce Place reported at 4:08 p.m. Sept. 9 that three leather jackets valued at approximately $1,410 had been stolen.
* A 55-year-old Marysville man was charged with OVI during a traffic stop on U.S. Route 36 at 5:06 p.m. Sept. 5.
* A 54-year-old Marysville woman was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and driving under suspension during a traffic stop on state Route 4 on Sept. 6 at 7:06 p.m.
* A 19-year-old Marysville woman, an 18-year-old Columbus woman, a 19-year-old Marysville man and an 18-year-old Columbus man were arrested on Linden Street and charged with underage consumption at 8:07 p.m. Sept. 9.
* A Gallop Lane resident reported on Sept. 10 at 6:32 p.m. that her daughter's bag, cellphone and keys were stolen while she was at Marysville High School, 800 Amrine Mill Road.
* A 38-year-old Marysville woman was arrested and charged at 2:33 p.m. Sept. 9 with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* Two 16-year-old girls were arrested at 7:15 p.m. Sept. 9 and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* Tattoo equipment was reported stolen from a vehicle while it was parked on Linden Street at 10:31 p.m. Sept. 9.