On Sept. 13 at 2:35 p.m., a student at Marysville High School was charged with inducing panic after he made a comment threatening the school.
MHS Principal Aaron Cook sent a letter to parents explaining the student made a comment about “shooting this place up” and repeated it a second time.
“This student was immediately addressed, consequences were assigned in accordance with the student code of conduct and information was reported to the Marysville Police Department,” Cook said.
The boy was taken to the Central Ohio Youth Center.
In other Marysville police reports:
• An 18-year-old Marysville man was charged with theft from a business on Coleman’s Crossing Boulevard at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 12 after he was seen allegedly stealing items.
• A 42-year-old Bellefontaine man was charged with theft from a business on West Fifth Street after he was seen allegedly stealing items at 2:32 p.m. Sept. 12.
• At 4:11 p.m. Sept. 12, a resident of Raymond Road reported a trailer containing aluminum cans had been stolen from a business on North Main Street.
• A 23-year-old Marysville man was charged with assault and stealing a cellphone while at a business on North Main Street at 1:27 a.m. Sept. 15.
• Police filed charges against three people at 3:31 a.m. Sept. 14 in connection with an altercation at a business on Square Drive.
A 37-year-old Marysville man and a 40-year-old Marysville man were charged with assault while another 40-year-old Marysville man was charged with disorderly conduct.
• At 1:56 a.m. Sept. 14, an 18-year-old Orient man was charged with drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia at Eljer Park.
• A deputy and units from the Jerome Township Fire Department, Washington Township Fire Department and the Ohio State Highway Patrol responded to state Route 161 near Cosgray Road at 8:02 a.m. Sept. 14 for an injury accident. One person was transported to Dublin Methodist Hospital.
• One person was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County at 3:33 p.m. Sept. 19 after an accident in the 24000 block of Honda Parkway involving a 1998 Mazda that crashed into the back of a 1992 Honda Accord.
• A 37-year-old Milford Center woman was cited for failure to control shortly after 3 p.m. Sept. 14 after she drove her vehicle off the road and struck three mailboxes in the 22000 block of Buck Run Road.
• State Route 31 was closed for several hours Sept. 17 after a FedEx truck caught fire state north of state Route 739. The incident was reported at 4:35 a.m.
• A 64-year-old Galloway man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead at 3:36 p.m. Sept. 19 after the car he was driving hit the rear of another vehicle on U.S. Route 33 at U.S. Route 42.
• Employees at a business in the 10000 block of Industrial Parkway reported at 9:16 a.m. Sept. 14 that the windows had been broken out of several vehicles parked on the lot and a number of radios had been damaged.