Union County sheriff's deputies investigated several accidents involving deer last week on county highways.
One person was transported to the Memorial Hospital of Union County after a motorcycle swerved to avoid a deer and went into a ditch.
The accident occurred at 6:54 a.m. Oct. 4 in the 17000 block of West Darby Road.
On Oct. 3 at 2:02 a.m. in the 20000 block of state Route 4, a 2003 Toyota Camry struck a deer.
A 2012 Toyota Venza swerved to avoid a deer and struck a mailbox at 9:03 a.m. Oct. 3 in the 14000 block of Watkins Road.
At 6:58 a.m. Oct. 5, a 2010 Honda Element hit a deer on U.S. Route 33 near U.S. Route 42.
And finally, a 2006 Pontiac G6 struck a deer at 1:32 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 16000 block of Paver Barnes Road.
In other sheriff's reports:
* One person was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County after an accident at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 3. A utility truck rolled over on County Home Road near Waldo Road.
* A 66-year-old West Mansfield man was cited for failure to yield at a stop sign at 10:35 a.m. Oct. 3 after the vehicle he was driving hit a sedan on Patrick Brush Run Road near state Route 31.
* A 29-year-old Dublin man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead at 4:44 p.m. Oct. 4 after the car he was driving hit the rear of another car at U.S. 33 and state Route 161.
* A 58-year-old Delaware man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead at 5:44 p.m. Oct. 4 after his vehicle hit the rear of another vehicle at U.S. routes 42 and 33.
* A 23-year-old Marysville man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead Oct. 5 at 7:11 p.m. after the car he was driving struck the rear of a minivan in the 11000 block of Watkins Road.
* Six batteries were reported stolen from several tractors at a home in the 94000 block of Crottinger Road at 4:26 p.m. Oct. 4.
* A 15-year-old boy was arrested at 2:32 a.m. Oct. 5 on East Ninth Street and charged with possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
* At 10:29 p.m. Oct. 5, a 16-year-old girl was transported to Union County Memorial Hospital following an alcohol-related incident in the parking lot at Marysville High School, 800 Amrine Mill Road.
* A resident of Van Kirk Drive reported at 7:07 a.m. Oct. 3 that someone had gone through her vehicle and her husband's vehicle. Prescription medication was stolen.
* A resident of Woodline Drive reported at 10:20 a.m. Oct. 2 that items were stolen from her vehicle.
* A resident of Grove Street reported at 4:15 p.m. Oct. 3 that her vehicle was broken into overnight.
* A London Avenue resident reported at 6:26 a.m. Oct. 2 that someone went through three vehicles parked in his driveway.
* A vehicle was reported vandalized at a residence on Southwood Drive Oct. 5 at 12:35 p.m.
* Jewelry, no value given, was reported stolen from a home on West Fourth Street Oct. 2 at 5:05 p.m.
* A resident of East Fifth Street reported at 5:19 a.m. Oct. 6 that a firearm was stolen from his home.
* Police received a report Oct. 2 at 10:02 a.m. that two females were shoplifting at a business on East Fifth Street.
* A 31-year-old Marion man was arrested at 12:37 p.m. Oct. 3 and charged with stealing funds from a cash register using fraudulent transactions at a business on Mill Creek Drive.
* At 3:53 p.m. Oct. 8, a Rochester, N.Y., man was cited for failure to control a motor vehicle after a semitruck rolled over at the U.S. Route 33 westbound exit ramp to state Route 4 North. He was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
* A 31-year-old Pennsylvania woman was arrested at 3:54 a.m. Oct. 3 on U.S. Route 33 at state Route 4 and charged with driving under suspension.
* A 26-year-old Delaware man was arrested on Delaware Avenue Oct. 4 at 5:55 p.m. and charged with driving under suspension.
* A 28-year-old Marysville woman was arrested during a traffic stop at South Main and West Seventh streets at 7:10 a.m. Oct. 5. She was charged with expired tags, fictitious plates and receiving stolen property.