'Tis the season for deer vs. vehicle accidents
Union County sheriff's deputies investigated several accidents involving deer last week on county highways.
One person was transported to the Memorial Hospital of Union County after a motorcycle swerved to avoid a deer and went into a ditch.
The accident occurred at 6:54 a.m. Oct. 4 in the 17000 block of West Darby Road.
On Oct. 3 at 2:02 a.m. in the 20000 block of state Route 4, a 2003 Toyota Camry struck a deer.
A 2012 Toyota Venza swerved to avoid a deer and struck a mailbox at 9:03 a.m. Oct. 3 in the 14000 block of Watkins Road.
At 6:58 a.m. Oct. 5, a 2010 Honda Element hit a deer on U.S. Route 33 near U.S. Route 42.
And finally, a 2006 Pontiac G6 struck a deer at 1:32 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 16000 block of Paver Barnes Road.
In other sheriff's reports:
* One person was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County after an accident at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 3. A utility truck rolled over on County Home Road near Waldo Road.
* A 66-year-old West Mansfield man was cited for failure to yield at a stop sign at 10:35 a.m. Oct. 3 after the vehicle he was driving hit a sedan on Patrick Brush Run Road near state Route 31.
* A 29-year-old Dublin man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead at 4:44 p.m. Oct. 4 after the car he was driving hit the rear of another car at U.S. 33 and state Route 161.
* A 58-year-old Delaware man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead at 5:44 p.m. Oct. 4 after his vehicle hit the rear of another vehicle at U.S. routes 42 and 33.
* A 23-year-old Marysville man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead Oct. 5 at 7:11 p.m. after the car he was driving struck the rear of a minivan in the 11000 block of Watkins Road.
* Six batteries were reported stolen from several tractors at a home in the 94000 block of Crottinger Road at 4:26 p.m. Oct. 4.
* A 15-year-old boy was arrested at 2:32 a.m. Oct. 5 on East Ninth Street and charged with possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
* At 10:29 p.m. Oct. 5, a 16-year-old girl was transported to Union County Memorial Hospital following an alcohol-related incident in the parking lot at Marysville High School, 800 Amrine Mill Road.
* A resident of Van Kirk Drive reported at 7:07 a.m. Oct. 3 that someone had gone through her vehicle and her husband's vehicle. Prescription medication was stolen.
* A resident of Woodline Drive reported at 10:20 a.m. Oct. 2 that items were stolen from her vehicle.
* A resident of Grove Street reported at 4:15 p.m. Oct. 3 that her vehicle was broken into overnight.
* A London Avenue resident reported at 6:26 a.m. Oct. 2 that someone went through three vehicles parked in his driveway.
* A vehicle was reported vandalized at a residence on Southwood Drive Oct. 5 at 12:35 p.m.
* Jewelry, no value given, was reported stolen from a home on West Fourth Street Oct. 2 at 5:05 p.m.
* A resident of East Fifth Street reported at 5:19 a.m. Oct. 6 that a firearm was stolen from his home.
* Police received a report Oct. 2 at 10:02 a.m. that two females were shoplifting at a business on East Fifth Street.
* A 31-year-old Marion man was arrested at 12:37 p.m. Oct. 3 and charged with stealing funds from a cash register using fraudulent transactions at a business on Mill Creek Drive.
* At 3:53 p.m. Oct. 8, a Rochester, N.Y., man was cited for failure to control a motor vehicle after a semitruck rolled over at the U.S. Route 33 westbound exit ramp to state Route 4 North. He was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
* A 31-year-old Pennsylvania woman was arrested at 3:54 a.m. Oct. 3 on U.S. Route 33 at state Route 4 and charged with driving under suspension.
* A 26-year-old Delaware man was arrested on Delaware Avenue Oct. 4 at 5:55 p.m. and charged with driving under suspension.
* A 28-year-old Marysville woman was arrested during a traffic stop at South Main and West Seventh streets at 7:10 a.m. Oct. 5. She was charged with expired tags, fictitious plates and receiving stolen property.