Property damage, a hospital visit, a traffic citation and an arrest were among the outcomes of a dozen reports of vehicles hitting deer that were filed last week with the Union County Sheriff's Department.
Deputies responded to U.S. Route 33 near the westbound rest area at 6:20 a.m. Oct. 19 to investigate an accident involving a 1995 Toyota Camry that hit a deer. The driver, a 32-year-old Blacklick man, was taken into custody on an outstanding warrant. He was transported to the Marysville Police Department and released after posting bond.
On Oct. 21 at 7:08 a.m., a deputy went to the emergency room of Memorial Hospital of Union County to investigate an injury accident that occurred on Industrial Parkway near Fladt Road. The driver of a 2007 Ford Escape struck a deer in the roadway and then drove herself to the hospital.
That night, at 8:33 p.m. in the 9400 block of Ketch Road, a 31-year-old Dublin man driving a 2010 BMW sedan swerved to miss a deer in the road, lost control and damaged two mailboxes and a yard. He was cited for failure to control.
Other deer-vehicle accidents were reported at 1:45 a.m. Oct. 17 on U.S Route 33 near Beecher Gamble Road; at 5:07 a.m. Oct. 18 on state Route 347 near Titus Road; at 7:34 p.m. Oct. 18 on Route 33 west of U.S. Route 42; at 8:39 a.m. Oct. 19 in the 16000 block of state Route 347; at 1:35 a.m. Oct. 20 on U.S. Route 33 near Honda Parkway; at 9:46 a.m. Oct 20 on state Route 37 near Essex; at 12:57 a.m. Oct. 21 on Collins Road near Middleburg Plain City Road; at 5:15 a.m. Oct. 21 on U.S. Route 33 near Honda Parkway; and at 5:45 a.m. Oct. 21 on U.S. Route 33 near state Route 245.
In other Union County Sheriff's reports:
* One person was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County at 2:15 p.m. Oct. 18 after an injury accident involving a 1999 Chrysler Town and Country and a 1994 Dodge in the 20000 block of Johnson Road.
* A 25-year-old Marysville man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead at 7:08 a.m. Oct. 16 after the vehicle he was driving hit the rear of another vehicle on the U.S. 33 westbound ramp at state Route 287.
* A 30-year-old Columbus man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead at 7:29 a.m. Oct. 16 after the car he was driving hit the rear of a 2013 Dodge Caravan on U.S. Route 33 at the Honda Parkway exit ramp.
* At 2:28 a.m. Oct. 20, a 30-year-old Springfield man was arrested as a result of a traffic stop on Blues Creek Road near state Route 4 and charged with OVI. He was also cited for speeding and failure to drive in marked lanes.
* On Oct. 16 at 12:47 p.m., employees at a business in the 8000 block of Corporate Boulevard reported the theft of a laptop computer valued at $800.
* Employees at a business in the 8200 block of Memorial Drive reported the theft of a 14-foot enclosed trailer at 6:08 p.m. Oct. 19.
* On Oct. 21 at 11:08 a.m., employees at a business in the 24000 block of Honda Parkway reported the theft of a generator.
* A resident in the 16000 block of state Route 47 reported a burglary at 2:53 p.m. Oct. 21. The stolen items include men's and women's clothes, a 26-inch, flat-screen television, and a vacuum cleaner.
* A juvenile was arrested at 9:40 a.m. Oct. 17 and taken to the Central Ohio Youth Center after a theft at Marysville High School, 800 Amrine Mill Road.
* A 19-year-old Marion man was arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 2:52 p.m. Oct. 21.
* On Oct. 22 at 2:35 p.m., a 19-year-old Marysville man was arrested for theft at a business in the 500 block of Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A 20-year-old Marysville woman was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop at 1:14 a.m. Oct. 20 on Greenwood Boulevard. Two juvenile passengers in the vehicle were charged with curfew violation.
* During a traffic stop on Cobblestone Way at 1:35 p.m. Oct. 21, a 33-year-old Marys-ville woman was charged with driving under suspension.