The Union County Sheriff's Office received a report at 2:20 p.m. Oct. 28 that someone had cut the manes off four horses kept on property in the 15000 block of Jolly Road.
The case is still under investigation.
In other sheriff's reports:
* Deputies are continuing to investigate the death of a man who stepped out of a moving vehicle in the 12000 block of Bates Road.
According to sheriff's reports, the man slipped and hit his head on the pavement.
Fire departments from Union and Allen townships and the Pleasant Valley Fire District were called to the scene at 12:48 a.m. Oct. 27 and took the man to Memorial Hospital of Union County, but he did not survive.
The preliminary investigation indicates he got out of the vehicle after an argument.
* A resident in the 14000 block of Willow Court reported at 2:58 p.m. Oct. 28 that about $6,000 worth of jewelry was stolen.
* At 4:53 p.m. Oct. 27, a resident in the 10000 block of Crottinger Road reported a large tool box had been stolen from inside a locked trailer.
* A 2005 Mitsubishi sedan reportedly was stopped in the middle of the roadway in the 12000 block of Dover County Line Road at 7:28 p.m. Oct. 23. The driver, a 51-year-old Marysville man, was arrested for OVI, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and open container.
* Employees at a business in the 10000 block of U.S. Route 42 reported there was an unresponsive person sitting in a vehicle at 2:57 p.m. Oct. 27. When the deputy arrived, the man, a 46-year-old Plain City resident, attempted to leave the parking lot. He was arrested for OVI.
* The sheriff's office received reports of four deer-vehicle accidents, all in the early-morning hours between Oct. 24 and 29.
A vehicle driven by a 60-year-old Marshall, Mich., man hit a deer on U.S. Route 33 near Honda Parkway at 4:58 a.m. Oct. 24.
Another deer was hit by a 2010 Honda at 5:01 a.m. Oct. 25 on state Route 739 near Johnson Road.
A 2007 Chevrolet struck a deer on at 6:06 a.m. Oct. 25 on state Route 31 near Brown School Road.
At 5:31 a.m. Oct. 29 in the 16000 block of Allen Center Road, a 2002 Honda Civic struck a deer.
* At 6:01 p.m. Oct. 25, a deputy responded to U.S. Route 42 near Industrial Parkway to investigate a property damage accident involving a 1998 Toyota that struck the rear of a boat trailer that was being pulled by a 2004 Chevrolet truck.
A 28-year-old Plain City woman was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
* A 46-year-old Unionville Center woman was cited for failure to control at 4:10 p.m. Oct. 26 after the 1997 Ford Escort she was driving went off the road and hit a tree in the 16000 block of Robinson Road.
* A 2013 Honda Civic crashed into the back of a 2004 Ford Explorer at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 28 on state Route 4 near Boerger Road. A 24-year-old Urbana man was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
* A 44-year-old Michigan man was cited at 3:52 a.m. Oct. 29 for failure to maintain assured clear distance while passing after the semi he was driving north on state Route 31 near Turner Road hit another northbound truck.
* A 70-year-old Columbus man was cited for failure to control at 1:32 p.m. Oct. 29 after the vehicle he was driving struck a tractor trailer that was pulling two grain wagons.
The accident occurred on state Route 739 near McPeck Road.
* A 71-year-old Marysville woman was cited for failure to yield on a left turn at 10:04 a.m. Oct. 29.
According to sheriff's reports, the vehicle she was driving hit another vehicle on Hillview Road near Wolford Makill Road.
* At 1:23 p.m. Oct. 28, an 18-year-old Hilliard man was arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A 23-year-old Marysville woman was arrested for OVI during a traffic stop at 4:02 a.m. Oct. 25 on East Ninth Street at London Avenue.
* An East Fifth Street resident reported at 8:21 p.m. Oct. 28 that his tablet computer was stolen from between Oct. 21 and 22.
* A patron at a business on Charles Lane reported at 7:56 p.m. Oct. 27 that items were stolen from a vehicle.
* A resident of West Seventh Street reported at 7:53 p.m. Oct 27 that her vehicle was scratched.
* A resident of the 400 block of Linden Street reported an assault on Oct. 23 at 2:28 p.m.
* A resident in the 100 block of North Main Street filed a police report at 6:06 p.m. Oct. 23 after a fake social network account was set up in his name.