The Union County Sheriff's Office is investigating the theft of several firearms reported stolen from a residence in the 33000 block of Dutton Love Road at 7:02 p.m. Nov. 20.
According to a sheriff's report, the missing items include a handgun, three rifles and a shotgun. The approximate value of the loss is $2,900.
In other Union County sheriff's reports:
* Deputies received a report at 8:36 a.m. Nov. 19 that a house under construction in the 16000 block of Raintree Drive was hit by thieves. Items stolen included electric wire, extension cords and window screens. The approximate value of the loss is $640.
* Deputies responded to the 9300 block of state Route 38 at 11:22 a.m. Nov. 21 to investigate a possible burglary in progress involving several people in a black Geo Tracker.
They intercepted the vehicle at U.S. Route 36 and state Route 4. A 22-year-old Urbana man and a 36-year-old Mechanicsburg woman were taken into custody.
After further investigation, each was charged with one count of burglary and theft. A third person was questioned and released.
* A resident of Center Street in Milford Center came to the sheriff's office at 1:03 p.m. Nov. 23 to report the theft of $200 from his home.
* Employees at a business in the 8200 block of Estates Parkway called the sheriff's office at 2:09 a.m. Nov. 20 to report the theft of a backpack containing a handgun, a tablet computer, an LED flashlight, a portable hard drive and several other items.
The items were stolen from a vehicle in the parking lot. The approximate value of the loss is $1,931.
* Two juvenile drivers were cited for failing to maintain assured clear distance ahead in two separate accidents Nov. 21.
The first occurred at 7:21 a.m. on state Route 4 near Collins Road when a juvenile driving a 2000 Dodge Intrepid struck the rear of a 2013 Honda Pilot.
The second accident occurred at 7:55 a.m. on Jerome Road south of Brock Road. A 2012 Kia Sedona that was stopped for a school bus was hit from behind by a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix driven by a juvenile.
* A Marysville man, 68, was cited for failure to yield at 10:38 a.m. Nov. 21 after the vehicle she was driving turned left in front of a semi-truck on Delaware County Line Road near Merry Road.
* A 44-year-old Plain City woman was cited for failure to control at 3:29 p.m. Nov. 23. According to sheriff's reports, the car she was driving went off the road in the 15000 block of Scottslawn Road, striking two mailboxes and then hitting a road sign.
* Employees at a business on Weaver Road reported at 4:17 p.m. Nov. 19 that several storage units had been broken into.
* A 58-year-old Columbus woman was arrested at 3:27 p.m. Nov. 20 for theft at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A 22-year-old Marysville man was arrested for OVI on Links Drive at 6:57 a.m. Nov. 23.
* A 38-year-old Urbana woman was arrested at 10:45 p.m. Nov. 25 on Creekview Drive after the vehicle she was driving hit a parked car. She was charged with OVI.
* At 10:25 a.m. Nov. 24, a 26-year-old Milford Center man was arrested for driving under suspension during a traffic stop on East Fifth Street.
* A resident of Valley Drive reported at 6:45 a.m. Nov. 25 that two of his vehicles had been broken into.
* On Nov. 25 at 6:22 p.m., a 21-year-old Marysville man was charged with fictitious plates during a traffic stop at Fifth and Main streets.