It was "dog bites car" instead of "dog bites man" last week for a Plain City woman driving through Marysville.
According to police, the woman reported at 1:59 p.m. Dec. 17 that she was on East Fourth Street when a dog attacked and started biting her 2013 Honda Odyssey, damaging the front bumper and the license plate cover.
She called the dog warden but the animal was gone by the time the warden arrived, police reports said. The warden did pick up a dog with no license that was running loose in the area.
In other Marysville police reports:
• Officers responded to several reports of storage units being broken into. On Dec. 11 at 5:39 p.m., a resident of Grand Avenue reported a storage unit had been entered. Several units were reported broken into on North Main Street at 8:56 a.m. Dec. 12 and two storage units on Milford Avenue were reported broken into at 6:03 p.m. Dec. 13.
• A 29-year-old Marysville man was arrested and charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop on East Fifth Street at 2:51 p.m. Dec. 16.
• On Dec. 11 at 12:53 p.m. a man reported he was assaulted and money was stolen from his wallet while he was walking in the area of North Plum and East Fourth streets.
• An employee at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported a vehicle was stolen from the sales lot at 12:34 p.m. Dec. 13.
• On Dec. 12 at 8:24 a.m., a resident of the 300 block of South Walnut Street reported the tires were slashed on his vehicle.
• Police charged a 39-year-old Marysville man with disorderly conduct at 7:36 p.m. Dec. 14 after he was found lying in the snow, allegedly intoxicated, on Plum Street.
• Deputies are investigating the theft of copper pipes from three houses.
Pipe valued at $2,700 was reported stolen from a vacant house in the 11000 block of Santa Barbara Drive at 6:26 p.m. Dec. 15.
A resident in the 15000 block of Hillview Road called the sheriff's office at 10:57 a.m. Dec. 17 to report approximately 60 feet of copper pipe was stolen. The pipe has an approximate value of $2,100.
Also on Dec. 17, a resident in the 24000 block of Darby Pottersburg Road reported at 9:33 a.m. that about $100 worth of copper pipe had been stolen.
• A 21-year-old Marysville man operating a snowmobile in the 20000 block of Wheeler Green Road was charged with OVI at 12:22 a.m. Dec. 14. According to sheriff's reports, the snowmobile hit a railroad bed and crashed. The driver was taken to Memorial Hospital of Union County for treatment of injuries.
• A 79-year-old Marysville man was cited for failure to control at 1:08 p.m. Dec. 12 after the vehicle he was driving hit the rear of a disabled vehicle that was parked off the side of U.S. Route 33 east of U.S. Route 36. He was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County. The driver of the disabled car was flown by MedFlight to OSU Medical Center.
• A citation for failure to control was issued to a 38-year-old Westerville woman after she lost control of her vehicle, which then slid off the road and rolled over in the 11000 block of state Route 736 at 11:23 a.m. Dec. 14.
• Two drivers, a 41-year-old Marysville woman and a 23-year-old Mount Victory woman, involved in a three-car accident at 7:38 a.m. Dec. 12 were cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead. Sheriff's reports said the accident occurred on U.S. Route 33 near state Route 161. A 2000 Nissan Pathfinder crashed into the back of a 2011 Honda Accord, and then into a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser.