Marysville emergency crews rescued a man after his kayak capsized in the flooded Mill Creek at 5:02 p.m. Dec. 22. After a 911 call, the man was found near 225 Elwood Avenue stranded on a log in the creek, according to emergency reports. Marysville fire personnel, assisted by mutual aid fire departments, got the man out of the water using a rescue boat.
Reports said the man was kayaking when he encountered underwater obstructions and his vessel capsized; he was wearing a life jacket. He was treated at the scene.
Fire Chief Jay Riley reminded residents that heavy rains and flooding make canoeing, kayaking and other recreational activities dangerous; obstructions, debris and strong currents can pull people, pets and vehicles into flood waters.
Marysville police responded to a series of recent theft reports, including:
At 10:27 a.m. Dec. 18, a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported a theft by an employee.
A resident in the 500 block of Harness Place reported a package was stolen from the front porch at 5:25 p.m. Dec. 18.
A 25-year-old Columbus woman and a 23-year-old Columbus man were arrested and charged with theft at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 2:12 a.m. Dec. 19.
At 3:12 p.m. Dec. 20, a resident of North Main Street reported personal property was taken from a storage room next to his residence.
An employee at a business on East Eighth Street reported at 9:31 p.m. Dec. 21 that a man stole a DVD from the business.
A resident of Residence Drive reported someone stole the hard-top panels off his Jeep at 9:35 a.m. Dec. 22.
On Dec. 22 at 8:51 p.m., a 19-year-old Marysville man was arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
In other Marysville police reports:
* A 36-year-old North Lewisburg was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop on East Fifth Street at 5:17 p.m. Dec. 20.
* A 31-year-old Columbus woman was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop at 5:21 p.m. Dec. 20 at North Plum and East Fifth streets.
* An employee at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported at 3:34 p.m. Dec. 20 that someone had attempted to break in the back door.
* On Dec. 22, an 18-year-old Marysville woman and a 21-year-old Marysville woman were arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 4:23 p.m..
* A 19-year-old Marysville man was arrested and charged with theft at 8:51 p.m. Dec. 22 from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* On Dec. 22 at 12:02 p.m., a resident of West Third Street reported someone broke a window on her son's vehicle.
Union County Sheriff's Office
A Union County deputy went to the 8000 block of Oak Meadows Drive at 1:59 p.m. Dec. 20 to investigate the theft of materials from several homes under construction.
The sheriff's office responded to two copper thefts on Dec. 18. A resident in the 19000 block of Delaware County Line Road reported the theft of copper pipes and air conditioning lines at 11:29 a.m. At 3:24 p.m., a resident in the 13000 block of U.S. Route 36 reported the theft of copper lines valued at $1,500.
In other reports:
* A resident in the 21000 block of North Darby Coe Road reported a burglary at 3:34 p.m. Dec. 20. Items stolen include two sets of headphones, a tablet computer, jewelry, a handgun and videogames.
* A resident in Richwood reported a case of menacing at 3:49 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 32000 block of state Route 37.
* One person was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County after a person driving a 2003 Honda Civic lost control of the vehicle and struck a mailbox at 4:23 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 9800 block of Watkins Road.