The Marysville Police Department is investigating an incident in which three explosive devices were found last weekend in Eljer Park.
According to reports from Marysville police, at 3:53 p.m. Dec. 28, a passerby reported finding three suspicious devices in the parking lot off south Walnut Street. The responding officer found three "MacGyver-type" homemade explosive devices in plastic bottles.
The Marysville Fire Department was called to the scene and advised police to depressurize the devices, which an officer did using an air rifle. Reports said an investigation is ongoing.
Marysville police also responded to multiple theft reports:
* On Dec. 23 at 3:42 p.m., a 46-year-old Dublin man was arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A business on South Plum Street reported a theft by an employee at 1:33 p.m. Dec. 24.
* A theft was reported from a grave at Oakdale Cemetery, 1290 W. Fifth St., at 4:10 p.m. Dec. 24.
* A theft was reported at 12:32 p.m. Dec. 26 at a construction site on Hickory Hill.
* An 18-year-old Bellefontaine woman and two juveniles were arrested and charged with theft at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard. The incident happened at 6:16 p.m. Dec. 27.
* At 4:21 p.m. Dec. 29, a 29-year-old Raymond man was arrested and charged with theft from a business on West Fifth Street.
* A 19-year-old Marysville woman and a 20-year-old Marysville woman were arrested and charged with theft from a business on West Fifth Street at 7:13 p.m. Dec. 29.
* A 20-year-old Raymond man and a 19-year-old Raymond man were arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 6:11 p.m. Dec. 30.
In other recent incident reports from Marysville police:
* On Dec. 23 at 1:18 p.m., someone unplugged the sump pump at a house under construction on Fox Run Drive, causing the basement to flood.
* A business on U.S. Route 36 reported a building was broken into at 8:13 a.m. Dec. 26.
* At 2:54 a.m. Dec. 29, an 18-year-old Raymond man was charged with driving under suspension following a traffic stop on U.S. Route 33.
* Someone threw a rock through a window of a business on Delaware Avenue and gained entry at 4:08 a.m. Dec. 29.
* A resident of London Avenue reported at 1:21 p.m. Dec. 30 that a ladder was stolen from her backyard.
* On Dec. 30 at 3:09 p.m., a resident of West Ninth Street reported that her daughter had forged and cashed two checks totaling $200.
* A 36-year-old Greenfield man was arrested and charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop on London Avenue at 3:25 a.m. Dec. 31.
Union County Sheriff's Office
The Union County Sheriff's Office received a report at 8:01 a.m. Dec. 23 that electronics were stolen from several semitrailers in the 100 block of South Mill Street in Milford Center.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* The sheriff's office cited a 56-year-old Richwood woman for failure to control her vehicle after the 2007 Honda Civic she was driving went off the road into the cemetery along state Route 37 near Bethlehem Claibourne Road at 1:22 p.m. Dec. 23.
* At 9:26 a.m. Dec. 26, a resident in the 22000 block of Holycross Epps Road reported fraudulent use of a credit card.
* A 2005 Honda CR-V struck a 2004 Saturn Vue at the intersection of U.S. Route 42 and U.S. Route 33 at 5:33 p.m. Dec. 26. Reports said a 64-year-old Sandusky woman was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
* A resident in the 10000 block of Indigo Drive reported copper wire was taken from a residence under construction at 8:17 a.m. Dec. 27.
* An 18-year-old Bellefontaine man was cited for failure to control a motor vehicle after the 1997 Toyota Camry he was driving went off the road at 9:13 a.m. Dec. 27 along state Route 161 at the intersection of Kramer Road. Reports said no one was injured.
* A resident in the 13000 block of US Route 36 reported a variety of tools missing at 4:35 p.m. Dec. 28.
* A 23-year-old Raymond man was arrested and charged with driving a vehicle while intoxicated after his 2004 Saturn drove off the road and into a field at 2:52 a.m. Dec. 29 on state Route 347 and Yearsley Road. Reports said the man was taken to The Tri-County Regional Jail.
* A tractor and miscellaneous items were reported stolen at 12:23 p.m. Dec. 29 in the 21000 block of state Route 245.
* A resident of Pleasant Street in Milford Center reported the theft of jewelry valued at $886 at 2:43 p.m. Dec. 30.
* A resident of East Main Street in Unionville Center reported unauthorized charges on an account at 5:47 p.m. Dec. 30.