The Marysville and Plain City police departments and deputies from the Union County Sheriff's Office responded to a residence on Cross Street in Unionville Center at 5 a.m. Jan. 5 on a report of a man with a gun who was threatening to harm people. Reports from the sheriff's office said a 24-year-old Unionville Center man was arrested without incident and charged with aggravating menacing and using a weapon while intoxicated.
* Marysville police responded to a report that a vehicle's window was broken at a residence on West Fifth Street at 2:07 a.m. Jan. 1.
* At 3:01 a.m. Jan. 1, a resident was assaulted in front of a business on East Fifth Street. Reports said the victim was transported to the hospital for treatment.
* Merchandise was reported stolen from a business on Mill Creek Drive at 10:24 a.m. Jan. 1.
* At 3:03 p.m. Jan. 1, a resident of Van Kirk Drive reported items were stolen from an unlocked vehicle sometime overnight.
* A 32-year-old Marysville man was arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 3:09 p.m. Jan. 3, reports said.
* At 2:16 a.m. Jan. 4, a 21-year-old Plain City man was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct at a business on Cobblestone Way, according to police reports.
* A resident of a home being remodeled on Shetland Street reported that copper was stolen at 4:48 a.m. Jan. 5.
* The Union County Sheriff's Office cited a 22-year-old Raymond woman for failure to control a motor vehicle after she swerved to miss an animal, causing the 2006 black Chevy Equinox she was driving to roll over. The incident happened at 4:15 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 24000 block of state Route 739.
* A 58-year-old Unionville Center woman was cited for failure to control after the 1997 Chevrolet Astro Van she was driving went out of control and struck a ditch and a utility pole at 7:14 a.m. Jan. 2 in the 14000 block of Middleburg Plain City Road.
* At 8:01 a.m. Jan. 2 in the area of Delaware County Line Road and Leeper Perkins Road a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix went out of control, slid into a utility pole and flipped onto its side. No injuries were reported. Reports said a 29-year-old Marysville man was cited for failure to control.
* A utility trailer was reported stolen from a property in the 29000 block of state Route 739 at 2:58 p.m. Jan. 3.
* A 21-year-old Mechanicsburg man was cited for failure to control after the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier he was driving struck a utility pole at 7:53 p.m. Jan. 3 on West State Street near London Street in Milford Center.
* A 29-year-old Richwood man was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead after the 2006 GMC Envoy he was driving struck the back of a 2007 Honda CR-V. The accident happened at 4:19 p.m. Jan. 4 on state Route 4 near Amrine Wood Road.
* A 35-year-old Ostrander man was arrested after a traffic stop at 9:28 p.m. Jan. 4 in the 11000 block of U.S. Route 42 and charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Reports said he was also issued a citation for speeding.
* Deputies responded to a complaint about a 1991 Toyota sedan that was being driven erratically on U.S. Route 33 at 10:08 a.m. Jan. 5. They found the vehicle at a rest area and, after investigating, charged a 25-year-old Reynoldsburg man with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* A resident in the 20000 block of Shirk Road reported the theft of a crossbow and arrows valued about $365 at 12:49 p.m. Jan. 5.
* A 43-year-old West Mansfield man was cited for failure to control after the 2004 Dodge Durango he was driving went out of control and struck a guard rail at 4:18 a.m. Jan. 6 on state Route 31 near Miller Road.
* One person was taken to Memorial Hospital of Union County after a semi-trailer overturned at 1:13 p.m. Jan. 6 in the 31000 block of state Route 31. The accident was investigated by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
* A ladder valued at $200 was stolen from a property in the 10000 block of state Route 736 at 4:59 p.m. Jan. 6.
* A person was taken to Memorial Hospital of Union County after a 1997 Chevrolet Blazer struck a tree in the 13000 block of Weaver Road at 11:54 a.m. Jan. 7.