Marysville police filed charges against a 21-year-old Powell man in connection with a Jan. 12 robbery.
According to reports from the Marysville Police Department, a man withdrawing money from an ATM at the Village Pantry/Marathon station, 303 E. Fifth St., reported at 10:32 p.m. Jan. 12 that another man grabbed his wallet and ran.
"He was trying to put the money in his wallet. The guy was standing behind him and grabbed for the money, and they got in a little bit of a tussle," said Marysville Police Chief Floyd Golden.
"The suspect shoved him and took off running. The guy pursued him for a while but lost him," he said. "We brought our dog out and the dog came across the wallet, and of course the money was gone by then."
Police said they released a photo of the suspect, taken from a surveillance camera, and received a tip on Jan. 14.
They subsequently arrested Brandon C. Huff, of Emerald Lakes Boulevard in Powell, at 12:36 p.m. Jan. 15 on the west side of Columbus, with assistance from the Union County Sheriff's Office and the Columbus Division of Police. According to records from the Tri-County Regional Jail, Huff is charged with robbery, a third-degree felony.
Marysville Municipal Court Judge Michael Grigsby set Huff's bond at $200,000 at a hearing Jan. 16, courthouse records show.
As of mid-day Jan. 17, Huff remained in jail. His next scheduled court date is Friday, Jan. 24.
In other recent incident reports from Marysville police:
* A 27-year-old Bellefontaine woman was arrested for theft at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 10:28 a.m. Jan. 9.
* A business on Stocksdale Drive reported equipment was stolen at 5:39 p.m. Jan. 9.
* Equipment was reported stolen from a garage at a business on Milcrest Drive at 8:45 p.m. Jan. 9.
* At 9:51 p.m. Jan. 9, a 26-year-old Lakeview woman was arrested for theft at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* Merchandise was reported stolen at 5:46 a.m. Jan. 10 from a business on West Fifth Street.
* A resident of East Sixth Street reported a stolen wallet at 10:28 a.m. Jan. 11.
* A resident of Wilderness Drive reported items were taken from unlocked vehicles parked at the residence at 11:22 a.m. Jan. 11.
* Merchandise was reported stolen from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 7:06 p.m. Jan. 11.
* A 27-year-old man from Radnor and a 27-year-old man from Morral were arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 5:48 p.m. Jan. 12.
* A resident of Sherwood Avenue reported her mother's credit card had numerous unauthorized charges at 9:44 p.m. Jan. 13.
* Medication was reported stolen at 9:49 a.m. Jan. 14 from a South Maple Street residence.
* A student at Marysville High School, 800 Amrine Mill Road, reported items were taken from a locker at 8:47 a.m. Jan. 15.
* A resident of Meadows Drive reported someone entered the residence and stole items at 5:04 p.m. Jan. 15.
The Union County Sheriff's Office cited a juvenile for failure to control a motor vehicle. The juvenile's Honda Accord went out of control on Orchard Road near Sam Reed Road at 12:14 p.m. Jan. 9 and went into a ditch, reports said.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* At 7:54 p.m. Jan. 9, a Bonnie Court resident reported the theft of wedding rings valued at $10,130.
* A white 1996 Chevrolet truck, copper, miscellaneous tools and a generator were reported stolen at 7:59 a.m. Jan. 13 from a construction site in the 24000 block of Honda Parkway.
* A business in the 27000 block of state Route 31 was broken into and a vehicle engine, two tire rims, a radiator and miscellaneous power tools were reported stolen at 10:16 a.m. Jan. 13.
* At 8:02 a.m. Jan. 14, a garage in the 11000 block of U.S. Route 36 reported a breaking and entering and the theft of items including a propane tank, air compressor, propane heater and a battery charger, with a total value of about $425.
* A Stihl leaf blower with attachments was reported stolen from a garage in the 13000 block of U.S. Route 42 at 6:59 p.m. Jan. 13.
* A 26-year-old Moreno Valley, Calif., man was cited for failure to control at 12:54 a.m. Jan. 10 in the 11000 block of U.S. Route 42 after a semi-trailer he was driving went off the roadway, drove through a ditch and then struck a tree.
* Copper wiring was reported stolen at 9:05 a.m. Jan. 10 from homes under construction in the 10000 block of Pagoda Way and the 10000 block of Indigo Way.
* At 4:18 p.m. Jan. 12, a resident in the 15000 block of state Route 739 reported theft and forgery involving a debit card.
* A business in the 7400 block of Montgomery Drive was broken into at 3:18 a.m. Jan. 11. Nothing was reported missing.
* Two brothers, ages 27 and 31, both of Marysville, were charged with disorderly conduct at 8:36 a.m. Jan. 13 after a reported fight at a business the 11000 block of Industrial Parkway.
* A 38-year-old Richwood man was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:51 p.m. Jan. 14 after deputies and an officer from the Richwood Police Department responded to a domestic dispute at a residence in the 32000 block of Carter Road.
* A 48-year-old Springfield woman was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead at 1:27 a.m. Jan. 15 on South Mill Street near West State Street in Milford Center, after the 2007 Honda Accord she was driving struck the back of a 2011 Honda Fit.
* A 55-year-old Marion was cited for failure to control at 4:46 a.m. Jan. 13 in the 14000 block of state Route 739 after the 2003 Ford F-150 he was driving struck a mailbox.