The Union County Sheriff's Office responded to two injury accidents Jan. 17, one on U.S. Route 33 and the other on U.S. Route 42.
According to reports from the sheriff's office, a deputy and units from the Northern Union County Fire and EMS District, the Marysville Division of Fire and the Leesburg Township Fire Department responded to the first accident, which occurred at 2:35 p.m. on U.S. Route 33 east of Paver Barnes Road. Reports said a 2013 Kenworth semi-trailer was struck by a 1995 Nissan Maxima, which then crashed into a ditch and a fence. One person was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County. A 71-year-old Hilliard man was cited for failure to control.
At 3:08 p.m. the same day, deputies and units from the Jerome Township Fire Department and the Pleasant Valley Fire District responded to the 8000 block of U.S. Route 42 to investigate an injury accident involving a 2006 Ford truck, a 2008 Ford Edge and a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. Reports said one person was transported to Dublin Methodist Hospital. A juvenile driver was cited for failure to control.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* Deputies responded to a burglar alarm at a residence in the 14000 block of Bellepoint Road at 10:35 a.m. Jan. 16 and found that someone had attempted to gain entry to the home.
* A resident in the 13000 block of U.S. Route 36 reported a 1994 Acura was damaged at 3:58 p.m. Jan. 16.
* A truck bed cover with an approximate value of $600 was reported stolen at 5 p.m. Jan. 16 in the 19000 block of state Route 739.
* Three air-conditioning units were reported stolen at 2:25 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 7000 block of Montgomery Drive.
* A 43-year-old North Lewisburg woman was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle under the influence at 1:03 a.m. Jan. 18 on West Mansfield-Mount Victory Road just north of Stevenson Road after her 2013 Honda CR-V was driven off the road. Reports said she was transported to the Tri-County Regional Jail.
* A 56-year-old Columbus man was charged with having an open container of alcohol after a deputy stopped to check a disabled vehicle on U.S. Route 33 near the Brock Road overpass at 1:31 a.m. Jan. 18.
* A 39-year-old Richwood woman was cited for failure to control after the 1996 Oldsmobile she was driving struck a mailbox. The incident happened at 9:27 a.m. Jan. 18 in the 28000 block of Kinney Pike.
* A 22-year-old Raymond man was arrested and charged with domestic violence at 6:15 p.m. Jan. 18 after deputies responded to a reported domestic dispute at a residence in the 23000 block of state Route 31. Reports said the man was transported to the Tri-County Regional Jail.
* A 26-year-old Bellefontaine man was cited for failure to control after the 1993 Honda Accord he was driving struck a tree. The accident happened at 5:22 p.m. Jan. 19 on U.S. Route 33 near state Route 4. No injuries were reported.
* A juvenile driver was cited for failure to control after a 1995 Mercury sedan struck a utility pole in the 14000 block of Payne Road at 2:37 a.m. Jan. 20.
* A 24-year-old Howard man was cited for failure to control at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 21 after a 2008 U-Haul truck traveling eastbound in the 13000 block of U.S. Route 36 went out of control and struck a tree and a house.
Marysville Division of Police
According to reports from the Marysville Division of Police, a business on Columbus Avenue reported receiving counterfeit money at 7:05 p.m. Jan. 21.
In other recent incident reports from Marysville police:
* A 28-year-old Columbus man was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop on U.S. Route 33 at state Route 31 at 4:43 p.m. Jan. 17.
* A 49-year-old Galloway woman was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop on state Route 31 at U.S. Route 33 at 1:38 a.m. Jan. 18.
* A 25-year-old Marysville man was arrested at 4:29 a.m. Jan. 18 on state Route 31 at Echo Drove and charged with reckless operation on private property, criminal damaging and driving under suspension.
* A 23-year-old Marysville man was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop on West Fifth Street at 11:14 p.m. Jan. 18.